Find a roofer in Brooklyn, Connecticut
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time that is needed to replace a roof will be based on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors involved. The average residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in Brooklyn, CT. Storms will put a stop to work and this will extend the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to finish.
The style of your roof is an important factor that you should think about. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement contractor can estimate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are strong and serve the purpose of protecting your property in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any home.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to get higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the possibility of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential homes and these usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When the roof on your property has aged this much, it’s a good idea to get consistent inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this usually means you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a great barrier for the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to narrow down how much a roof replacement is going to come out to because there are several factors that will establish the overall cost. Typically, replacing your roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the job and the materials being used. The price of your roof replacement will be factored by the materials you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be tricky if your roof is more intricate because you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing specialist can be of assistance. They’ll be able to decipher the square footage of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Brooklyn, ConnecticutHome // Connecticut // Brooklyn
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services in Brooklyn, CT
When you need roofing maintenance services in Brooklyn, CT, then our platform is the answer. The roofing companies you'll discover on Thumbtack have the skills and experience you need for your project. You can find someone who takes the effort to make sure that the finest customer service is put in place and that you get complete satisfaction on your roof replacement.
Our site also collects a wealth of information to help you prior to sifting through our network of qualified roofing contractors.
Regularly, scheduled appointments can help you stay on top of any wear-and-tear before it degrades any further and allows you to extend the lifespan of your roof. So, how can you tell when you need professional, roofing maintenance services? You may notice certain signs of wear such as:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years, so if you think your roof has been around for longer, you may want to call a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is a serious issue and needs to be attended to. A roofing repair company can remediate the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules from your shingles in your gutters, it means that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing maintenance contractor will keep your gutters clean and functioning properly.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing lets water penetrate the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing company to fix deteriorating, missing, or faulty flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, curled, or missing shingles will need to be replaced by an expert. Regular maintenance services will help you address issues like this and avoid leaks.
Find someone who can make your roofing maintenance a streamlined process. When you’ve found the right candidate, it’s just a matter of requesting a estimate and booking an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.