Find a roofer in Branford, Connecticut
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most budget friendly solution for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are strong and serve the purpose of protecting your property while being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any house.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They typically have a 15-20 year warranty. But you can also buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential properties and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. If your roof has aged this much, it’s a smart choice to get routine inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this does mean you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
While you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most popular time of year for a roof replacement. Since it is a good time for a replacement, it can be difficult to book time with a professional. This is why waiting until winter could be a better time for an appointment.
A lot of roofing contractors have more down time during the winter, but you could be putting up with more severe weather conditions. Summer is kind of like winter, but rather than wet and cold conditions, you’d be putting up with heat.
Spring is also not a bad time for roof replacements. While the weather can still be wet and slightly uncertain, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be repaired.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a good roof is because it provides security for your property, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that offers security for your entire property. It defends against harsh weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof is in bad condition, your home could develop some leaks, and this can lead to other issues.
Your roof also does so much for your curb appeal. Since it’s such an important part of your property, a well-maintained roof demonstrates a great deal of stability. In the circumstance where you are selling, a buyer would be thrilled about your property if it has a strong, durable roof over it.
Finally, having an energy efficient house makes anyone happy. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your house maintains a comfortable temperature.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Branford, ConnecticutHome // Connecticut // Branford
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies near Branford, CT
If you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Branford, CT, then our platform is the answer. The roofing contractors you'll discover on our site have the skills and qualifications you need for the job at hand. You can find someone who takes extra measures in making sure that the best customer service is put in place and that you get quality services on your roof replacement.
Our app also compiles useful data to help you before you start sifting through our database of licensed roofing professionals.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to get in touch with a roofing maintenance contractor, but listed below are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- The Age of Your Roof: Approximately 20-25 years is expected of a roof, so if you think your roof is older than that, it might be time to contact a roofer to come inspect it.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood used for decking can warp or bend under pressure.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance company will clean your gutters while examining your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to protect joints and stop water. A roofer can fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to prevent leaks.
- Shingles: Inspecting your shingles can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't undergo more extensive damages.
Hire a company that can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair a streamlined process. When you’ve found the right fit, then it's just getting your quote and scheduling an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.