Find a roofer in Baltic, Connecticut
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Roofing Repair & Replacement Professionals nearRoof Repair and Maintenance // Connecticut // Baltic
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
When should I schedule to get roofing services performed?
Despite what season it is, you can call a roofing contractor for roofing services. However, fall is the most popular time of year have your roof serviced. But because it is a great time for roofing services, it can be a challenge to book time with a roofer. This is why waiting until winter could be a more convenient time to call a contractor.
A lot of roofers have more down time during the winter, but you could have more delays because of severe weather conditions. And summer has the same issue as winter, but rather than being cold, you’d be putting up with high heat.
Spring is also not a bad time for roofing services. Even though there's a chance it can still be wet and slightly uncertain, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be uncovered.
What should I expect to pay per square foot for a roofer's services?
Services for your roof can approximately $4 to $40 per square foot, and this will account for the labor and materials. Of course, how expensive it will be will vary with the products that are being used for your roof repairs.
What's the approximate time required for building a new roof?
The time it takes for a roofing contractor to do a replacement really depends on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors involved. The typical residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so generally speaking, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you should take into consideration is the projected weather in Baltic, Connecticut. Storms will make working conditions terrible and this is going to delay the project. If this is going on during your replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is another thing that you should think about. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roofing contractor can approximate the hours for the job.
When is the best time to get a roof inspection?
The majority of roofing professionals recommend twice-yearly inspections for your roof since routine inspections have been proven to make your roof last longer. Something to consider is, by not having a roofing evaluation done, the warranty on your roof could be voided.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies near Baltic, Connecticut
Thumbtack is the perfect home management platform that helps you hire roofing replacement and roofing repair companies in Baltic, Connecticut. See what others have to say, talk directly with the roofing replacement company want to hire, get an estimate, and more all from one convenient app.
Our platform also compiles a wealth of information to help you before you start sifting through our network of licensed roofing companies.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to reach out to a roofing replacement or roofing repair contractor, but here are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- Age: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years. If you think your roof has been around for longer, you may want to contact a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and needs to be attended to. An established roof repair company can remediate the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules in your gutters from your shingles, it means that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing repair contractor will make sure your gutters are clean and cleared out.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Inspecting your shingles will let you know if it's time for them to be replaced. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't sustain more extensive damages.
Hire a company that can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair an easy process. When you’ve found the right fit, then it's just getting your quote and scheduling an appointment to get your roof in order.