Find a roofer in Andover, Connecticut
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Andover, ConnecticutRoofing // Connecticut // Andover
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
When should I plan to get roofing services performed?
Despite what season it is, you can get roofing services. However, fall is the most popular time of year have your roof serviced. But because it is a common time for these services, it can be difficult to schedule time with a roofer. This is why winter could be a better time to schedule.
Many roofers are slow during the colder months, but you could have more delays because of severe weather conditions. Summer is kind of like winter, but rather than wet and cold conditions, you’d be dealing with high heat.
Spring can also be good for roofing services. Even though there's a chance it can still be wet and rather uncertain, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be uncovered.
What is the normal pricing per square foot for roof repair services?
Roofing services can be between $4 to $40 per square foot, and this will account for the labor and materials. Needless to say, the cost per square foot will differ depending on what materials are being used for your project.
What is the usual period of time for a roof replacement?
The time that is needed for a roofing contractor to do a replacement will be based on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors involved. The typical roof for a residence is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so normally, a roofer can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you should take into account is the weather forecast in your area. Storms will make working conditions awful and this can really stall the project. If this is going on during your replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to complete.
The style of your roof is another factor that you should consider. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roofer will be able to come up with a timeline for the job.
At what time should I think about having an inspection for my roof?
Many roofing professionals recommend biannual inspections for your roof since routine inspections have been proven to make your roof last longer. Another thing to think about is, by not having an inspection done, any warranty you have could be voided.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors near Andover, Connecticut
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement platform that helps you connect with roofing maintenance contractors in Andover, Connecticut. See what experiences other people have had, talk directly with the roofing repair contractor want to hire, get an estimate, and pay all from one convenient app.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is needed so that their property remains in a favorable condition. It’s smart to stay on top of repairs to avoid having to pay an expensive roof replacement.
Routine inspections can help you keep up with any damage before it gets worse and lets you extend the life of your roof. So, how can you tell it's necessary to get roofing maintenance services? You may realize there are certain signs of wear including:
- Age: In general, 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts. If you know your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to contact a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a roofer immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck because it can cause worse problems. Roofing repairs done by a professional will remediate the problem and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are built to allow snow and rain to flow through the valleys and into your gutters. If there aren't any shingles in place or they're falling apart, you may get some leakage.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar or roof cement you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see that some of them are discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't undergo more extensive damages.
No one should deal with a dilapidated roof when there are so many professional roofers available to assist. With our easy-to-use platform, you can get quality roofing maintenance services in Andover, Connecticut. Find the perfect contractor for your home right away.