Find a roofer in Andover, Connecticut
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Roofing Repair & Replacement Professionals nearRoof Repair and Maintenance // Connecticut // Andover
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
What is the normal duration for a roof rebuild?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofing contractor is dependent on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things to think about. The typical residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you should take into account is the projected weather in Andover, Connecticut. Storms will make working conditions terrible and this is going to push out the timeline. If a storm is expected to happen during your replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to finish.
The complexity of your roof is another thing that you should consider. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roofer can approximate a timeline for the job.
When is the best time to set up a roof inspection?
Most roofers advise getting biannual inspections for your roof since regular check-ups have been proven to increase the longevity of your roof. Something to consider is, by not having an evaluation done, the warranty on your roof could be waived.
How much will a roofer charge for replacement?
It’s difficult to come up with an exact amount on how much a replacement is going to cost you since there are a few things that will establish the overall cost. Commonly, replacing your roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the job and the products used. The price of your new roof will be determined by the products you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be hard if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to account for various angles. This is where a roofing expert can be of assistance. They’ll be able to decipher the measurements of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the price of your roof.
What costs are associated with repairing a roof?
Concerning the condition of your roof, you're either looking at minor maintenance or major repair. A little bit of maintenance will range anywhere from $150 to $1,500. A lot of homeowners like to do the minor stuff themselves, but if you’re unsure of how to do them or you’re concerned about keeping safe, then you should contact an expert.
Major repairs call for the attention of a roofer and they do cost more. You can expect major roofing repairs to be in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services in Andover, Connecticut
You can look to Thumbtack to make your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services more convenient in Andover, Connecticut. Our user-friendly site is easy to navigate, so you can look through a range of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We help with the vetting process by providing you access to in-depth customer reviews, pricing information, years in business, and more. Begin your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair contractor here on Thumbtack and find the best professional for your project.
It's crucial to have a roof you can depend on for your house throughout any season. For a safe home with a roof designed to last, you can find the best roofing replacement and roofing repair companies through Thumbtack.
Do you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services? Apart from having leaks or other glaring concerns, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a wise decision.
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of a leaky roof. A professional roofing contractor can fix the issue as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a contractor immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can lead to worse issues. Quality roofing repairs will remediate the problem and prevent the need for replacement services.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are built to allow snow and rain to stream through the valleys downward to your gutters. When there are shingles missing or they've deteriorated, you could experience some leaks.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to seal joints and prevent water penetration. A roofing contractor can fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to prevent leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs an inspection. A roof inspection will identify deteriorated shingles and provide top-notch repairs to prevent leaks from doing more damage.
Thumbtack is a free app providing you with an easy option to find the best contractors for roofing replacement and roofing repair services. Whether you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is streamlined with our platform.