Find a roofer in Thornton, Colorado
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also many other factors to think about. The typical residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the weather report in your area. Bad weather will put a damper on work and this is going to push out the timeline. If a storm is supposed to take place during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to complete.
The style of your roof is an important thing that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement specialist will be able to come up with the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most budget friendly solution for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are durable and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your property needs in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any home.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can always get higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of having it be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are a normal choice for residential spaces and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a good idea to get routine inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire property, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to come up with an exact amount on how much a roof replacement is going to come out to because there are a few factors that will determine the overall cost. Usually, replacing your roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the materials used. The price of your roof replacement will be factored by the materials you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Estimating the layout of your roof can also be difficult if your roof is more intricate because you’ll have to account for various angles. Here's how a roofing contractor can be of assistance. They’ll be able to determine the measurements of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the price of your roof.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Thornton, ColoradoHome // Colorado // Thornton
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services near Thornton, Colorado
You can depend on Thumbtack to simplify your search for roofing maintenance services in Thornton, Colorado. Our user-friendly app gives you all the convenience you need, which means you can look through various profiles and easily narrow down your options. We help with the vetting process by giving you access to ratings, pricing information, background, and more. Begin your search for a roofing maintenance contractor here on Thumbtack and find the right professional for the job.
It's essential to have a roof you can rely on for your house throughout any season. For a safe house with a roof designed to last, you can find the best roofing maintenance companies through Thumbtack.
For the most part you'll know when you need to call in a roofing repair or roofing replacement company, but listed below are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- Leaking: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are indicative of your roof leaking. A professional roofing contractor can fix the issue as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a contractor immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can cause serious problems. Roofing repairs done by a professional will remediate the issue and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find excessive granules from your shingles in your gutters, it could indicate that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing repair contractor will keep your gutters clean and functioning properly.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar or roof cement you may want a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't sustain more extensive damages.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you a hassle-free option to find the best contractors to address your roofing needs. Whether you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is made easier through our platform.