Find a roofer in Sterling, Colorado
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
When should I schedule to have roofing contractors come out?
Despite what season it is, you can get in touch with a roofing contractor for roofing services. However, fall is the most common time of year have your roof serviced. Since it is a good time for roofing services, it can be a challenge to book time with a contractor. This is why winter could be a better time to schedule.
A lot of professionals who specialize in roofing have more down time during the colder months, but you could have more delays because of severe weather. And summer has the same issue as winter, but rather than being cold, you’d be dealing with heat.
Spring is also not a bad time for roofing services. While the weather can still be wet and partially unpredictable, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be uncovered.
What should I expect to pay per square foot for a roofing contractor's services?
Roofing services can approximately $4 to $40 per square foot, and this will account for the labor and materials. Of course, the cost per square foot will change depending on what materials are being used for the job.
What's the estimated time required for constructing a new roof?
The amount of time it takes for a roofer to do a replacement will be based on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also many other things involved. The typical roof for a residential property is around 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so normally, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the weather forecast in Sterling, Colorado. Storms will put a halt on work and this will push out the timeline. If this is going on during your replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to finish.
The layout of your roof is another factor that you should think about. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roofing professional can estimate a timeline for the job.
Which time is best to set up a roof inspection?
The majority of roofers advise getting biannual inspections for your roof since routine inspections are the best things to increase the longevity of your roof. Something to consider is, by not getting a roofing inspection done, any warranty you have could be voided.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies in Sterling, Colorado
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management platform that helps you find roofing maintenance professionals in Sterling, Colorado. See what others have to say, talk directly with the roofing maintenance company you’re interested in, book a service appointment, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
It's important to have a a structure over your head that you can count on throughout any season. For a secure house with a roof made to last, you can hire the best roofing maintenance contractors through Thumbtack.
For the most part you'll know when you need to get in touch with a roofing repair or roofing replacement company, but here are some other aspects to take into account:
- The Age of Your Roof: Approximately 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts. If you think your roof is older than that, it might be time to contact a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards used for decking can warp or bend under pressure.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and degrading shingles are not a promising sign. A roofing repair company will clean your gutters while checking up on your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to protect joints and stop water penetration. A roofer can fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid leaks.
- Shingles: Routing inspections of your shingles can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If a patch of them are very discolored, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't undergo more extensive damages.
Hire a company that can make your roofing maintenance an easy and satisfactory process. When you’ve found the contractor you want, it’s just a matter of getting your estimate and booking an appointment to get your roof in order.