Find a roofer in Sterling, Colorado
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a good roof is because it protects your home, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the protective barrier for the rest of your property. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, your home could develop some leaks, which can lead to other issues.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your curb appeal. Because it’s such an important component of your home, a well-maintained roof illustrates a reliable property. If you were to sell, a home buyer would be much more excited about your home if it has a solid, stable roof protecting it.
Finally, everyone is happy with an energy efficient house. It means your utility bills are lower and that your home keeps a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time it takes to replace a roof will be based on the measurements of your roof, but there are also many other factors involved. The average roof for a residential property is about 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the weather forecast in Sterling, CO. Poor weather will make working conditions less than ideal and this is going to push out the timeline. If a storm is expected to take place during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to finish.
The layout of your roof is an important thing that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional will be able to estimate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most budget friendly is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are strong and serve the purpose of protecting your home in addition to being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can also purchase higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal choice for residential properties and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. When your roof is around this age, it’s a good choice to get regular inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this does mean you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors in Sterling, CO
When you need to hire a roofing maintenance company in Sterling, CO, there's no better way to find them. The roofing companies you'll discover on our site have the skills and qualifications you need for your project. You can find the right candidate who takes extra measures in making sure that the best customer service is provided and that you get quality services on your roof replacement.
Our site also puts together useful data to help you before you start sifting through our network of qualified roofing contractors.
Routine inspections can help you keep up with any wear-and-tear before it degrades any further and lets you prolong the lifespan of your roof. How can you tell it's necessary to get a professional, roofing replacement and roofing repair contractor to come out to your home? You may notice certain things to look out for, including:
- The Age of Your Roof: Approximately 20-25 years is expected of a roof. If you know your roof is older than that, you may want to call a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is an issue of concern and requires to be attended to. A roofing repair contractor can fix the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and disintegrating shingles are not a promising sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters in addition to examining your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Damaged flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Contact a roofing contractor to fix deteriorating, missing, or faulty flashing to avoid leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If a patch of them are very discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't sustain more damages.
It's unnecessary to deal with a dilapidated roof when there are so many licensed contractors available to help. With our streamlined app, you can get quality roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Sterling, CO. Get the roofing maintenance services you need for your house now.