Find a roofer in Snowmass Village, Colorado
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a good roof is because it provides security for your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the protective barrier for the rest of your house. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, you could experience leaks in your home, and this can cause other issues.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your curb appeal. Since it’s such an essential component of your home, a well-maintained roof illustrates a reliable property. In a situation where you are selling, a home buyer would be much more excited about your home if it has a solid, steady roof protecting it.
Finally, everyone is content with an energy efficient property. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your home maintains a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time it takes to replace a roof really depends on the measurements of your roof, but there are also many other factors to consider. The typical residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in Snowmass Village, CO. Storms will make working conditions awful and this can really stall the job. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is another thing that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement specialist can estimate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most affordable materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In actuality, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are durable and serve the purpose of protecting your home while being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look good on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more pricier products. They usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can also get higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the probability of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential spaces and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. When the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a good choice to get consistent inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your home, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services near Snowmass Village, CO
Thumbtack will make your search for roofing maintenance services more convenient in Snowmass Village, CO. Our streamlined platform gives you all the convenience you need, which means you can look through dozens of profiles and come up with some options. We facilitate the vetting process by providing you access to in-depth customer reviews, pricing, years in business, and more. Begin your search for a roofing maintenance contractor here on Thumbtack and hire the right professional for your project.
It's essential to have a a structure over your head that you can rely on at any time during the year. For a secure home with a roof made to last, you can hire the best roofing maintenance companies through Thumbtack.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to reach out to a roofing replacement or roofing repair company, but here are some other things to consider about your roof:
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of your roof leaking. A professional roofing contractor can make repairs right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a contractor immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck since it can lead to serious issues. Quality roofing repairs will resolve the issue and avoid a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a promising sign. A roofing repair company will clean your gutters while examining your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Damaged flashing lets water penetrate the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing company to fix deteriorating, missing, or damaged flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are ripped, curled, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs an inspection. A roof inspection will identify damaged shingles and provide first-rate repairs to avoid leaks from doing more damage.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you an easy option to hire the best companies for roofing maintenance services. No matter if you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the process is streamlined with our platform.