Find a roofer in Simla, Colorado
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time it takes to replace a roof is dependent on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also many other factors to think about. The average residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so usually, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the weather forecast in your area. Bad weather will make working conditions unpleasant and this is going to extend the timeline. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to get done.
The style of your roof is an important factor that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement professional can estimate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most affordable materials for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are durable and serve the purpose of protecting your home while being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any residential property.
However, asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can always buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential houses and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a smart choice to get regular inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this usually means you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire home, so there should be no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to come up with an exact amount on how much a new roof is going to come out to since there are a few factors that will establish the total cost. Usually, replacing your roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the project and the products being used. The cost of your new roof will be calculated by the products you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Getting an estimate for the layout of your roof can also be difficult if your roof is more complex since you’ll have to factor in various angles. This is where a roofing professional can be of assistance. They’ll be able to figure out the square footage of your roof and give you a better estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
Roofing Maintenance Companies in Simla, CO
Thumbtack is the perfect home management site that helps you connect with roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors in Simla, CO. See what experiences other people have had, talk directly with the roofing maintenance contractor want to hire, book a service appointment, and more all from one convenient app.
Our platform also compiles a wealth of information to help you before you start browsing through our database of vetted roofing professionals.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to get in touch with a roofing repair or roofing replacement company, but listed below are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of a leaky roof. A good roofing contractor can make repairs as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood that make your roof can warp or bend under pressure.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules in your gutters from your shingles, it could indicate that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing maintenance contractor will make sure your gutters are clean and functioning properly.
- Broken flashing: Damaged flashing lets water get to the sealed joints. Contact a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or broken flashing to avoid leaks.
- Shingles: Inspecting your shingles will let you know if they need to be replaced. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't undergo more extensive damages.
No one should put up with a run-down roof when there are so many professional roofers available to help. With our streamlined app, you can get quality roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Simla, CO. Get the roofing maintenance services you need for your property today.