Find a roofer in Severance, Colorado
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the size of your roof, but there are also many other factors involved. The average roof for a house is about 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into account is the projected weather in your area. Poor weather will make working conditions unpleasant and this is going to push out the timeline. If a storm is supposed to happen during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to finish.
The style of your roof is another thing that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement specialist can approximate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In actuality, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are durable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being the affordable option. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any home.
However, asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more pricier products. They usually have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to get higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of having it be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential properties and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. If the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a good idea to get consistent inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't ideal, and this usually means you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to pinpoint exactly how much a new roof is going to cost you since there are a few factors that will determine the total cost. Generally, replacing your roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the products used. The cost of your roof replacement will be factored by the products you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be hard if your roof is more complex since you’ll have to factor in various angles. This is where a roofing professional can be of assistance. They’ll be able to decipher the measurements of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Severance, ColoradoHome // Colorado // Severance
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors near Severance, Colorado
If you need roofing maintenance services in Severance, Colorado, then our platform is the answer. The roofing contractors featured on Thumbtack have the skills and experience you’re searching for. You can find the right candidate who takes extra measures in making sure that the best customer service is provided and that you get complete satisfaction on your roof replacement.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is needed to keep their property in a favorable condition. It’s best to stay on top of repairs to avoid having to pay an expensive roof replacement.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to get in touch with a roofing maintenance company, but here are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years. If you think your roof is older than that, it might be time to call a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood that make your roof can end up warping or are bending over time.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find excessive granules from your shingles in your gutters, it could indicate that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing repair contractor will make sure your gutters are clean and cleared out.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is roof cement you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, warped, or missing shingles should be swapped out with new ones by a professional. Routine repair services will help you address problems like this and prevent leaks.
No one should put up with a run-down roof when there are so many licensed roofers ready to assist. With our easy-to-use platform, you can get quality roofing maintenance services in Severance, Colorado. Get the roofing services you need for your house right away.