Find a roofer in Platteville, Colorado
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement really depends on the measurements of your roof, but there are also many other things involved. The average residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so normally, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Poor weather will make working conditions awful and this will push out the timeline. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to finish.
The style of your roof is an important thing that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement contractor can estimate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are durable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any home.
However, asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They normally have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to buy higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential spaces and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. When your roof is around this age, it’s a smart choice to get consistent inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to narrow down how much a new roof is going to cost you because there are a few things that will influence the overall cost. Usually, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the materials being used. The price of your roof replacement will be calculated by the materials you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Measuring the size of your roof can also be tricky if your roof is more complex because you’ll have to factor in various angles. Here's how a roofing expert can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to determine the square footage of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the price of your roof.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Platteville, ColoradoHome // Colorado // Platteville
Roofing Maintenance Companies near Platteville, CO
Thumbtack will make your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services more convenient in Platteville, CO. Our streamlined app is easy to navigate, so you can look through dozens of profiles and come up with some options. We facilitate the vetting process by providing you useful information to detailed customer reviews, pricing, years in business, and more. Start your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair contractor on the app and hire the right candidate for your project.
It's crucial to have a a structure over your head that you can rely on at any time during the year. For a safe home with a roof designed to last, you can hire the best roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors through Thumbtack.
Do you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services? With the exception of having leaks or other glaring problems, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a wise decision.
- The Age of Your Roof: Approximately 20-25 years is expected of a roof, so if you think your roof has been around for longer, you may want to contact a roofer to come check it out.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is a critical issue and requires to be attended to. An established roof repair company can remediate the issue before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is built to allow snow and rain to stream through the valleys and into your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they've deteriorated, you may get some leakage.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to protect joints and stop water. Contact a roofing repair contractor to fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to avoid water leaks.
- Shingles: Routing inspections of your shingles can help you know if it's time for them to be replaced. If a patch of them are very discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't sustain more extensive damages.
Hire someone who can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair an easy and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the right fit, then it's just requesting a estimate and setting up an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.