Find a roofer in Parker, Colorado
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time that is needed to replace a roof is dependent on the size of your roof, but there are also many other things involved. The average residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so usually, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the weather forecast in your area. Storms will put a stop to work and this can really delay the job. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to get done.
The style of your roof is another factor that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor will be able to estimate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are durable and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being the affordable option. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any house.
However, asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They normally have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can also get higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal selection for residential homes and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. If your roof has aged this much, it’s a wise idea to get routine inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not ideal, and this usually means you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a protective barrier for your entire home, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to narrow down how much a new roof is going to come out to because there are a few things that will influence the overall cost. Mostly, replacing your roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the project and the materials used. The cost of your roof replacement will be determined by the materials you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Getting an estimate for the layout of your roof can also be hard if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing expert can be of assistance. They’ll be able to decipher the measurements of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the cost of your roof.
Roofing Maintenance Services near Parker, CO
Thumbtack will make your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services easy in Parker, CO. Our user-friendly app is easy to navigate, so you can look through various profiles and come up with some options. We help with the hiring process by giving you useful information to ratings, pricing information, years in business, and more. Start your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement contractor here on Thumbtack and find the right professional for the job.
Our app also compiles a wealth of information to help you before you start browsing through our network of qualified roofing professionals.
Routine checkups can help you keep up with any damage before it gets worse and lets you prolong the life of your roof. How can you tell when you need a professional, roofing repair and roofing replacement company to come out to your home? You may realize there are certain things to look out for, such as:
- Leaking: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are indicative of your roof leaking. A professional roofer can fix the issue as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get repairs immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck because it can lead to worse problems. Roofing repairs done by a professional will resolve the problem and avoid replacement services.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is designed to let snow and rain flow through the valleys downward to your gutters. If there aren't any shingles in place or they're falling apart, you may get some leakage.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing lets water penetrate the sealed joints. Contact a roofing company to fix worn out, missing, or broken flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you notice there are shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or completely missing, it's a sign that your roof needs attention. Roofing maintenance services will identify deteriorated shingles and provide first-rate repairs to prevent leaks from causing more damage.
Thumbtack is a free app providing you with an easy way to find the best professionals to address your roofing needs. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the process is made easier through our app.