Find a roofer in Nathrop, Colorado
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are strong and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being the affordable option. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any house.
Asphalt shingles do require maintenance more often than the more pricier products. They usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential houses and these usually have a 15-20 year warranty. When the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a good choice to get routine inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the plywood decking is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this usually means you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire home, so there should be no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
Despite what time of year it is, you can get a roof replacement. However, fall is the most common time of year for a roof replacement. But because it is a good time for these services, it can be a challenge to schedule time with a professional. This means that winter could be a better time for services.
Many professionals who specialize in roofing are slow during the colder months, but you could have more delays because of severe weather conditions. Summer is sort of like winter, but rather than wet and cold conditions, you’d be dealing with the heat.
Spring is also not a terrible time for roof replacement services. Even though the weather can still be wet and partially uncertain, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a stable roof is so essential is because it protects your home, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that provides protection for the rest of your house. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, you could get leaks in your home, which can cause other problems.
Your roof also does so much for your curb appeal. Because it’s such a fundamental part of your home, a well-maintained roof illustrates a reliable property. In the circumstance where you are selling, a home buyer would be much more excited about your home if it has a solid, steady roof protecting it.
Lastly, everyone is happy with an energy efficient house. It means your utility bills are lower and that your house maintains a comfortable temperature.
Roofing Maintenance Services in Nathrop, Colorado
You can depend on Thumbtack to simplify your search for roofing maintenance services in Nathrop, Colorado. Our streamlined platform gives you all the convenience you need, so you can look through a range of profiles and come up with some options. We facilitate the vetting process by giving you access to ratings, pricing, years in business, and more. Start your search for a roofing maintenance contractor here on Thumbtack and find the right professional for your project.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is needed to keep their property in good condition. It’s smart to keep on top of repairs to avoid having to pay the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Regularly, scheduled checkups can help you stay on top of any damage before it degrades any further and allows you to prolong the lifespan of your roof. How can you tell it's necessary to get a licensed, roofing maintenance contractor to come out to your home? You may realize there are certain signs of wear including:
- Age: In general, 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts. If you think your roof is older than that, it might be time to contact a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards used for decking can warp or bend over time.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a promising sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters while examining your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Broken flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Contact a roofing contractor to fix deteriorating, missing, or damaged flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are ripped, curled, or completely missing, it's a sign that your roof needs to be looked at. Roofing maintenance services will identify worn-out shingles and provide top-notch repairs to prevent leaks from doing more damage.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you a hassle-free solution to find the best contractors to address your roofing needs. Whether you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the job is made easier through our platform.