Find a roofer in Morrison, Colorado
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a good roof is because it provides security for your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that offers security for the rest of your home. It defends against severe weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof is in poor condition, your home could develop some leaks, and this can cause other issues.
Your roof also does so much for your curb appeal. Since it’s such a fundamental part of your home, a roof in good condition shows a great deal of stability. In a situation where you are selling, a buyer would be thrilled about your home if it has a strong, durable roof protecting it.
Lastly, everyone is delighted with an energy efficient house. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your house maintains a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things to consider. The average roof for a residence is around 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the weather report in your area. Bad weather will make working conditions unpleasant and this will push out the timeline. If a storm is supposed to take place during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to finish.
The complexity of your roof is another factor that you should consider. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement professional will be able to come up with the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most budget friendly materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are reliable and serve the purpose of protecting your home in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any house.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to purchase higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential spaces and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. If your roof is around this age, it’s a smart choice to get routine inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't ideal, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your home, so there should be no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Morrison, ColoradoHome // Colorado // Morrison
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies in Morrison, CO
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement platform that helps you connect with roofing maintenance professionals in Morrison, CO. See what other customers have to say, communicate directly with the roofing repair contractor want to hire, get a quote, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is necessary to keep their property in good condition. It’s smart to stay on top of repairs to avoid having to pay an expensive roof replacement.
Do you need roofing maintenance services? Aside from having leaks or other obvious problems, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a wise choice.
- The Age of Your Roof: Approximately 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts, so if you know your roof is older than that, it might be time to call a roofer to come inspect it.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards that make your roof can end up warping or are bending under pressure.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is designed to let snow and rain flow through the valleys and into your gutters. If there aren't any shingles in place or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- Damaged flashing: Damaged flashing lets water get to the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing contractor to fix deteriorating, missing, or faulty flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or completely missing, it's a sign that your roof needs an inspection. Roofing maintenance services will identify worn-out shingles and provide quality repairs to avoid leaks from causing further damage.
Hire a contractor who can make your roofing maintenance a streamlined and satisfactory process. When you’ve found the company you want, then it's just getting your quote and scheduling an appointment to get your roof in order.