Find a roofer in Moffat, Colorado
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time that is needed to replace a roof really depends on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors involved. The typical residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you should take into account is the projected weather in Moffat, CO. Poor weather will make working conditions less than ideal and this can really postpone the project. If a storm is expected to take place during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to complete.
The layout of your roof is an important factor that you should consider. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional will be able to approximate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most budget friendly solution for your roof replacement, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are reliable and serve the purpose of protecting your home while being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any house.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They normally have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can also buy higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential homes and these usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a smart idea to get regular inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your home, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to come up with an exact amount on how much a roof replacement is going to come out to because there are several factors that will establish the overall cost. Usually, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the materials being used. The price of your roof replacement will be determined by the materials you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Getting an estimate for the layout of your roof can also be tricky if your roof is more complex because you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing specialist can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to determine the square footage of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the price of your roof.
Roofing Maintenance Services near Moffat, CO
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement site that helps you connect with roofing maintenance professionals in Moffat, CO. See what other customers have to say, communicate directly with the roofing repair contractor you’re interested in, get an estimate, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
It's crucial to have a roof you can depend on for your house throughout any season. For a secure home with a roof made to last, you can hire the best roofing maintenance companies through Thumbtack.
Routine inspections can help you keep up with any wear-and-tear before it gets worse and lets you prolong the life of your roof. How can you tell when you need a licensed, roofing maintenance contractor to come out to your home? You may realize there are certain signs of wear such as:
- The Age of Your Roof: In general, 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts, so if you think your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to call a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and needs attention at once. A roofing repair contractor can fix the issue before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is built to let snow and rain flow through the valleys downward to your gutters. If there aren't any shingles in place or they've deteriorated, you could experience some leaks.
- Broken flashing: Broken flashing lets water penetrate the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or damaged flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, curled, or missing shingles will need to be swapped out with new ones by a roofer. Regular inspections will also help you address issues like this and avoid leaks.
Hire a contractor who can make your roofing maintenance a streamlined and satisfactory process. When you’ve found the contractor you want, it’s just a matter of requesting a estimate and scheduling an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.