Find a roofer in Matheson, Colorado
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The roofing material that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are reliable and serve the purpose of protecting your home in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They typically have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to buy higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential houses and these typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. When the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a smart idea to get routine inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a defensive barrier for the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
While you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most common time of year for a roof replacement. But because it is a good time for a replacement, it can be a challenge to schedule time with a contractor. This is why winter could be a better time to call a contractor.
A lot of professionals who specialize in roofing are slow during the colder months, but you could have more delays because of erratic weather. And summer has the same issue as winter, but instead of wet and cold conditions, you’d be dealing with heat.
Spring can also be good for roof replacements. While the weather can still be wet and partially uncertain, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a quality roof is because it protects your home, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the protective barrier for your entire property. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, your home could develop some leaks, and this can lead to other issues.
Your roof also does so much for your property value. Because it’s such a fundamental component of your home, a roof in good condition demonstrates a reliable property. In a situation where you are selling, a buyer would be enthusiastic about your home if it has a strong, steady roof protecting it.
Finally, everyone is content with an energy efficient house. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your house keeps a consistent temperature.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services near Matheson, CO
You can count on Thumbtack to make your search for roofing maintenance services easy in Matheson, CO. Our user-friendly app is easy to navigate, so you can search through dozens of profiles and come up with some options. We assist in the hiring process by providing you useful information to ratings, pricing, years in business, and more. Start your search for a roofing maintenance contractor here on Thumbtack and find the best candidate for the job.
Our app also puts together useful data to help you prior to browsing through our network of licensed roofing companies.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to reach out to a roofing repair or roofing replacement contractor, but here are some other things to consider about your roof:
- Age: In general, 20-25 years is expected of a roof, so if you think your roof has been around for longer, you may want to contact a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get repairs at once if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can lead to worse issues. Professional roofing repairs will resolve the problem and avoid a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and disintegrating shingles are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters in addition to examining your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Damaged flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Contact a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or broken flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, warped, or missing shingles will need to be swapped out with new ones by a professional. Regular maintenance services will help you address issues like this and avoid leaks.
It's unnecessary to put up with a run-down roof when there are so many professional contractors ready to assist. With our easy-to-use platform, you can get the best roofing maintenance services in Matheson, CO. Find the right contractor for your house now.