Find a roofer in Lyons, Colorado
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time it takes to replace a roof really depends on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also many other factors to consider. The typical roof for a house is about 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the weather report in Lyons, CO. Bad weather will put a stop to work and this is going to extend the timeline. If bad weather is supposed to take place during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is another factor that you should consider. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor can come up with the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are strong and do a fantastic job of protecting your home while being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can also purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of having it be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential properties and these usually have a 15-20 year warranty. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a wise idea to get routine inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not ideal, and this does mean you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your home, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to narrow down how much a new roof is going to come out to because there are a few factors that will determine the overall cost. Generally, replacing your roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the job and the products used. The cost of your new roof will be determined by the products you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Estimating the layout of your roof can also be challenging if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to factor in various angles. This is where a roofing contractor can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to determine the square footage of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Lyons, ColoradoHome // Colorado // Lyons
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies in Lyons, CO
You can look to Thumbtack to make your search for roofing maintenance services more convenient in Lyons, CO. Our streamlined platform is easy to navigate, which means you can search through dozens of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We help with the vetting process by providing you access to detailed customer reviews, pricing information, years in business, and more. Begin your search for a roofing maintenance contractor on the app and find the best professional for your project.
It's essential to have a roof you can count on for your house at any time during the year. For a secure home with a roof designed to last, you can find the best roofing maintenance contractors through Thumbtack.
Regularly, scheduled appointments can help you stay on top of any wear-and-tear before it degrades any further and allows you to prolong the life of your roof. How can you tell when you need a licensed, roofing maintenance contractor to come out to your home? You may realize there are certain signs of wear including:
- Leaking: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are a sign of your roof leaking. A professional roofer can make repairs as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is a critical issue and requires attention immediately. A roofing repair contractor can remediate the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules in your gutters from your shingles, it means that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing repair contractor will keep your gutters clean and cleared out.
- Damaged flashing: Damaged flashing lets water penetrate the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing contractor to fix deteriorating, missing, or damaged flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't undergo more extensive damages.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you a convenient option to find the best companies to address your roofing needs. Whether you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the job is streamlined through our platform.