Find a roofer in Lucerne, Colorado
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a good roof is so essential is because it protects your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that offers security for the rest of your home. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. So if your roof is in bad condition, your home could develop some leaks, and this can lead to other issues.
Your roof also contributes to your curb appeal. Because it’s such a fundamental part of your property, a roof in good condition illustrates a great deal of stability. If you were looking to sell, a buyer would be thrilled about your property if it has a solid, stable roof over it.
Finally, having an energy efficient house delights anyone. It means your utility bills are lower and that your house keeps a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the size of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things involved. The average roof for a residence is about 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Storms will make working conditions terrible and this is going to delay the project. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to finish.
The style of your roof is another factor that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement professional will be able to approximate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are reliable and serve the purpose of protecting your property while being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look good on any house.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They normally have a 15-20 year warranty. But you can always purchase higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the probability of it needing to be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential spaces and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. When your roof is around this age, it’s a smart choice to get regular inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Lucerne, ColoradoHome // Colorado // Lucerne
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors near Lucerne, Colorado
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement platform that helps you hire roofing maintenance professionals in Lucerne, Colorado. See what experiences other customers have had, talk directly with the roofing repair contractor want to hire, book a service appointment, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is needed so that their property stays in a favorable condition. It’s best to keep on top of repairs to avoid having to pay the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to call in a roofing replacement or roofing repair professional, but listed below are some other things to consider about your roof:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years. If you know your roof has been around for longer, you may want to call a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a serious problem and needs to be attended to. An established roof repair contractor can remediate the issue before a replacement is needed.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules in your gutters from your shingles, it could indicate that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing repair specialist will make sure your gutters are clean and cleared out.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and prevent water penetration. A roofer can fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to avoid water leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or completely missing, this can be an indicator that your roof needs attention. A roof inspection will identify damaged shingles and provide timely repairs to avoid leaks from causing more damage.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you a hassle-free solution to find the best professionals to address your roofing needs. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the process is made easier through our app.