Find a roofer in Littleton, Colorado
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time that is needed to replace a roof really depends on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also many other factors to think about. The typical residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so usually, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the weather forecast in your area. Poor weather will put a halt on work and this is going to extend the timeline. If a storm is expected to happen during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to complete.
The style of your roof is another factor that you should consider. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement specialist can come up with the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most budget friendly materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are reliable and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any home.
However, asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They usually have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to purchase higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a normal choice for residential properties and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. If your roof has aged this much, it’s a smart idea to get regular inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't ideal, and this usually means you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to narrow down how much a roof replacement is going to come out to since there are several factors that will influence the overall cost. Commonly, a new roof is in the range of $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the project and the products used. The cost of your roof replacement will be determined by the products you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Estimating the layout of your roof can also be tricky if your roof is more complex since you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing professional can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to calculate the measurements of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services in Littleton, CO
You can look to Thumbtack to simplify your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Littleton, CO. Our user-friendly site gives you all the convenience you need, which means you can search through dozens of profiles and come up with some options. We facilitate the hiring process by giving you access to ratings, pricing, background, and more. Begin your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair contractor on the app and find the best professional for your project.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is always required to keep their property in good condition. It’s smart to stay on top of repairs in order to prevent an expensive roof replacement.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to reach out to a roofing replacement or roofing repair contractor, but here are some other aspects to take into account:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of a leaky roof. A professional roofer can fix the issue as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a roofer immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck since it can lead to serious issues. Roofing repairs done by a professional will resolve the issue and avoid replacement services.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find excessive granules in your gutters from your shingles, it means that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing maintenance contractor will keep your gutters clean and cleared out.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is roof cement you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are cracked, curled, or completely missing, this can be an indicator that your roof needs an inspection. Roofing maintenance services will identify deteriorated shingles and provide first-rate repairs to prevent leaks from doing more damage.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you a hassle-free solution to find the right companies to address your roofing needs. No matter if you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the job is made easier with our platform.