Find a roofer in Lafayette, Colorado
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the size of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things to think about. The average residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so generally speaking, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you should take into account is the projected weather in your area. Storms will make working conditions unpleasant and this will push out the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to finish.
The layout of your roof is another thing that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement specialist can come up with the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most budget friendly solution for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are strong and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your property needs in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles do require some attention more often than the more pricier options. They typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can always purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the possibility of having it be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential properties and these usually have a 15-20 year warranty. If the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a smart idea to get consistent inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this usually means you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to come up with an exact amount on how much a roof replacement is going to come out to since there are a few things that will establish the overall cost. Generally, replacing your roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the materials used. The cost of your new roof will be calculated by the materials you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be challenging if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to factor in various angles. This is where a roofing specialist can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to figure out the measurements of your roof and give you a better estimate on the cost of your roof.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Lafayette, ColoradoHome // Colorado // Lafayette
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies in Lafayette, CO
You can look to Thumbtack to make your search for roofing maintenance services more convenient in Lafayette, CO. Our user-friendly platform is easy to navigate, so you can look through a range of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We facilitate the vetting process by providing you access to detailed customer reviews, pricing, background, and more. Begin your search for a roofing maintenance contractor here on Thumbtack and hire the right candidate for your project.
Our platform also puts together useful data to help you prior to sifting through our database of qualified roofing professionals.
For the most part you'll know when you need to get in touch with a roofing replacement or roofing repair professional, but listed below are some other things to take into account:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years, so if you know your roof is older than that, it might be time to call a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood used for decking can warp or bend under pressure.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing repair company will clean your gutters in addition to inspecting your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Damaged flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing company to fix deteriorating, missing, or broken flashing to avoid leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, warped, or missing shingles should be swapped out with new ones by an expert. Regular repair services will help you address issues like this and prevent leaks.
It's unnecessary to deal with a damaged roof when there are so many qualified contractors available to help. With our easy-to-use app, you can get the best roofing maintenance services in Lafayette, CO. Find the perfect contractor for your property now.