Find a roofer in Kirk, Colorado
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a quality roof is so fundamental for you is because it protects your home, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that offers protection for the rest of your home. It blocks out severe weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, you could get leaks in your home, which can lead to other issues.
Your roof also does a lot for your curb appeal. Because it’s such a fundamental component of your home, a roof in good condition illustrates a reliable property. If you were to sell, a buyer would be thrilled about your home if it has a strong, steady roof protecting it.
Finally, everyone is happy with an energy efficient property. It means your energy bills are lower and that your house keeps a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time it takes to replace a roof will be based on the size of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things to think about. The average residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the weather report in your area. Storms will make working conditions awful and this will extend the timeline. If bad weather is supposed to take place during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to get done.
The layout of your roof is another factor that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor will be able to approximate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are strong and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any house.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do require some attention more often than the more pricier products. They usually have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of having it be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential homes and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. If the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a smart choice to get routine inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a great barrier for the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Kirk, ColoradoHome // Colorado // Kirk
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services near Kirk, Colorado
Thumbtack is the perfect home management platform that helps you connect with roofing replacement and roofing repair professionals in Kirk, Colorado. See what other customers have to say, talk directly with the roofing repair company you’re interested in, book an appointment, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
Our platform also compiles a wealth of information to help you prior to sifting through our database of licensed roofing companies.
For the most part you'll know when you need to call in a roofing repair or roofing replacement professional, but listed below are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- Age: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years. If you know your roof is older than that, it might be time to call a roofer to come inspect it.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a roofer immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can cause serious issues. Roofing repairs done by a professional will remediate the issue and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and disintegrating shingles are not a promising sign. A roofing repair company will clean your gutters while examining your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is roof cement you may want a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Inspecting your shingles can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't undergo more damages.
Find someone who can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair a streamlined and satisfactory process. When you’ve found the right candidate, it’s just a matter of requesting a quote and setting up an appointment to get your roof in order.