Find a roofer in Kersey, Colorado
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
At what cost does a roofer charge for replacement?
It’s hard to come up with an exact amount on how much a new roof is going to come out to because there are a few factors that will establish the total cost. Commonly, a new roof is in the range of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the job and the products being used. The cost of your roof replacement will be calculated by the products you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be challenging if your roof is more complex because you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing specialist can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to figure out the square footage of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the cost of your roof.
How much is a roofer's rate to maintain the roof?
In relation to the condition of your roof, your needs can be sorted two ways: major or minor repairs. A little bit of maintenance will range anywhere from $150 to $1,500. A lot of homeowners like to handle minor stuff on their own, but if you’re not certain of how to do them or you’re concerned about keeping safe, then you should reach out to a contractor.
Any repairs that are major do require experience and they are going to cost more. You can anticipate your major roof repairs ranging between $1,500 to $7,000.
How much should I expect to pay per square foot for a roofer's services?
Roofing services can approximately $4 to $40 per square foot, and this will account for the labor and materials. Needless to say, the cost per square foot will vary depending on what materials are being used for the job.
What's the timeframe for a roofer to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofer really depends on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also many other factors to think about. The average roof for a house is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so normally, a roofer can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Storms will make working conditions less than ideal and this is going to stall the project. If bad weather is supposed to take place during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to get done.
The layout of your roof is another factor that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofer is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roofer will be able to estimate a timeline for the job.
Roofing Maintenance Services in Kersey, CO
If you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Kersey, CO, there's no easier way to go about it. The roofing companies featured on Thumbtack have the knowledge and qualifications you’re looking for. You can find the best roofing contractor who takes extra measures in making sure that the best customer service is provided and that you get total satisfaction on your roof replacement.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is necessary to keep their property in good condition. It’s best to stay on top of repairs in order to prevent an expensive roof replacement.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to reach out to a roofing replacement or roofing repair professional, but here are some other aspects to consider about your roof:
- Leaking: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are indicative of your roof leaking. A professional roofer can make repairs right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get repairs at once if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can cause worse issues. Professional roofing repairs will remediate the issue and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find excessive granules in your gutters from your shingles, it means that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing maintenance specialist will keep your gutters clean and functioning properly.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar or roof cement you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected will let you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't sustain more extensive damages.
Hire a company that can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair an easy and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the company you want, it’s just a matter of getting your quote and scheduling an appointment to get your roof in order.