Find a roofer in Jefferson, Colorado
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most cost-effective solution for your roof replacement, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are strong and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look good on any house.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They normally have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can also buy higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the probability of having it be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential properties and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. When your roof is around this age, it’s a smart choice to get routine inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not ideal, and this usually means you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a protective barrier for the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
No matter what season it is, you can get in touch with a contractor for roof replacement services. However, fall is the most common time of year to get roof replacement services. Since it is a popular time for these services, it can be a challenge to book time with a contractor. This means that winter could be a better time for services.
Many roofing companies are slow during the winter, but you could have more delays because of erratic weather conditions. And summer has the same issue as winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be dealing with high heat.
Spring can also be good for roof replacements. While there's a chance it can still be wet and partially uncertain, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a good roof is because it protects your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the protective barrier for the rest of your house. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, you could have some leaks in your home, and this can lead to other problems.
Your roof also does so much for your property value. Because it’s such an essential part of your home, a roof in good condition shows a reliable property. In the circumstance where you are selling, a buyer would be enthusiastic about your home if it has a strong, durable roof over it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient house makes anyone happy. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your house maintains a comfortable temperature.
Roofing Maintenance Services near Jefferson, CO
You can look to Thumbtack to make your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services easy in Jefferson, CO. Our user-friendly site is easy to navigate, which means you can search through various profiles and come up with some options. We help with the vetting process by providing you useful information to ratings, pricing, experience, and more. Start your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair contractor here on Thumbtack and hire the right professional for the job.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is needed so that their property remains in good condition. It’s best to stay on top of repairs in order to prevent the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Routine checkups can help you keep up with any wear-and-tear before it degrades any further and allows you to extend the life of your roof. How do you know when you need professional, roofing replacement and roofing repair services? You may notice certain things to look out for, including:
- The Age of Your Roof: In general, 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts. If you think your roof is older than that, it might be time to contact a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood that make your roof can warp or bend over time.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find excessive granules in your gutters from your shingles, it means that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing maintenance contractor will keep your gutters clean and cleared out.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar or roof cement you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected can help you know if they need to be replaced. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't undergo more damages.
Thumbtack is a free app providing you with an easy way to hire the right contractors to address your roofing needs. Whether you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is made easier with our app.