Find a roofer in Hugo, Colorado
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a stable roof is so important is because it provides security for your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the defensive barrier for the rest of your home. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof is in bad condition, your home could develop some leaks, which can lead to other issues.
Your roof also does so much for your curb appeal. Because it’s such an essential component of your home, a roof in good condition shows a great deal of stability. In the circumstance where you are selling, a buyer would be much more excited about your home if it has a strong, durable roof over it.
Finally, everyone is happy with an energy efficient home. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your house maintains a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time that is needed to replace a roof will be based on the measurements of your roof, but there are also many other factors involved. The average residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so usually, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you need to take into account is the projected weather in Hugo, Colorado. Bad weather will make working conditions unpleasant and this will extend the timeline. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to get done.
The style of your roof is an important thing that you should consider. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional will be able to estimate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In actuality, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are strong and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any house.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They normally have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to get higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the possibility of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential homes and these usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a smart idea to get regular inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this usually means you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a great barrier for the rest of your home, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
Roofing Maintenance Services near Hugo, Colorado
Thumbtack will make your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services easy in Hugo, Colorado. Our user-friendly site is easy to navigate, so you can search through dozens of profiles and come up with some options. We assist in the vetting process by providing you access to in-depth customer reviews, pricing information, background, and more. Begin your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair company here on Thumbtack and hire the best professional for the job.
Our site also compiles useful data to help you before you start browsing through our network of qualified roofing professionals.
Do you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services? With the exception of leakage or other glaring issues, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a wise decision.
- The Age of Your Roof: In general, 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts, so if you think your roof has been around for longer, you may want to contact a roofer to come check it out.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get repairs at once if you notice a sagging roof deck since it can cause worse issues. Professional roofing repairs will resolve the issue and avoid a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are built to allow snow and rain to stream through the valleys and into your gutters. When there are shingles missing or they're falling apart, you may get some leakage.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is roof cement you may want a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are cracked, curled, or completely missing, it's a sign that your roof needs to be looked at. A roof inspection will identify deteriorated shingles and provide timely repairs to avoid leaks from causing more damage.
No one should deal with a dilapidated roof when there are so many licensed roofers ready to assist. With our user-friendly platform, you can find the finest roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Hugo, Colorado. Find the right contractor for your home today.