Find a roofer in Green Mountain Falls, Colorado
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors involved. The typical residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so normally, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into account is the weather report in Green Mountain Falls, CO. Storms will put a stop to work and this is going to push out the timeline. If bad weather is expected to happen during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to get done.
The complexity of your roof is an important thing that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor can approximate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are reliable and do a great job of protecting your property while being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any home.
However, asphalt shingles do require maintenance more often than the more pricier materials. They usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to buy higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the possibility of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential homes and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a wise idea to get routine inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this usually means you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a great barrier for your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to come up with an exact amount on how much a roof replacement is going to cost you since there are several factors that will establish the overall cost. Mostly, replacing your roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the products used. The cost of your roof replacement will be calculated by the products you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be hard if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing contractor can be of assistance. They’ll be able to determine the measurements of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Green Mountain Falls, ColoradoHome // Colorado // Green Mountain Falls
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies in Green Mountain Falls, CO
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management platform that helps you hire roofing repair and roofing replacement professionals in Green Mountain Falls, CO. See what other customers have to say, talk directly with the roofing repair contractor you’re interested in, get an estimate, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
It's important to have a roof you can rely on for your house at any time during the year. For a safe house with a roof made to last, you can find the best roofing repair and roofing replacement companies through Thumbtack.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to reach out to a roofing repair or roofing replacement professional, but listed below are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- Age: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years, so if you think your roof is older than that, you may want to call a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and needs attention immediately. A roofing repair contractor can fix the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a promising sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters while inspecting your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is roof cement you may want a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, warped, or missing shingles will need to be swapped out with new ones by a professional. Routine repair services will help you address problems like this and avoid leaks.
Hire a contractor who can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement a streamlined process. When you’ve found the contractor you want, then it's just requesting a quote and booking an appointment to get your roof in order.