Find a roofer in Gilcrest, Colorado
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Roofing Repair & Replacement Professionals nearRoof Repair and Maintenance // Colorado // Gilcrest
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
What is a good season for roofing jobs?
It's possible to get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most common time of year have your roof serviced. But because it is a popular time for roofing services, it can be a challenge to schedule time with a professional. This is why winter could be an easier time to schedule.
Many roofing contractors have more down time during the winter, but you could be putting up with more severe weather conditions. Summer is kind of like winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be putting up with hot temperatures.
Spring is also not a bad time for roofing services. While the weather can still be wet and rather unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be uncovered.
What is the typical price roofers charge per square foot?
Services for your roof can hover around $4 to $40 per square foot, and this will account for the roofing products being used and the labor. Of course, the cost factor will differ with the products that are being used for your project.
What's the estimated time required for constructing a new roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofer will be based on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also many other things involved. The average roof for a residence is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofer can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the projected weather in Gilcrest, CO. Bad weather will make working conditions less than ideal and this is going to extend the timeline. If bad weather is expected to happen during your replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to complete.
The style of your roof is another factor that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofer is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roofing specialist can estimate a timeline for the job.
When is the best time to arrange for my roof evaluated?
Many roofers advise getting twice-yearly roof inspections since routine check-ups have been proven to make your roof last longer. Another thing to think about is, by not having an inspection done, any warranty you have could be voided.
Roofing Maintenance Contractors in Gilcrest, CO
If you need to hire a roofing repair or roofing replacement contractor in Gilcrest, CO, there's a convenient way to find them. The roofing companies you'll discover on Thumbtack have the experience you’re looking for. You can find the best roofing contractor who takes the effort to make sure that the finest customer service is put in place and that you get quality services on your roof replacement.
Our platform also compiles useful data to help you before you start sifting through our network of vetted roofing contractors.
Routine inspections can help you keep up with any wear-and-tear before it degrades any further and lets you extend the lifespan of your roof. So, how can you tell it's necessary to get a professional, roofing repair and roofing replacement company to come out to your home? You may realize there are certain things to look out for, such as:
- The Age of Your Roof: In general, 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts. If you know your roof is older than that, you may want to call a roofer to come check it out.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is a serious problem and requires to be attended to. A roofing repair company can remediate the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find excessive granules from your shingles in your gutters, it could indicate that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing repair contractor will keep your gutters clean and functioning properly.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and stop water penetration. Contact a roofing maintenance contractor to fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to prevent leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you notice there are shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or completely missing, it's a sign that your roof needs attention. A roof inspection will identify damaged shingles and provide timely repairs to prevent leaks from doing further damage.
Thumbtack is a free app providing you with a hassle-free solution to find the right contractors to address your roofing needs. Whether you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the process is streamlined with our platform.