Find a roofer in Fraser, Colorado
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a good roof is so important is because it provides security for your home, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that offers security for your entire home. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, you could experience leaks in your home, which can cause other issues.
Your roof also does a lot for your property value. Because it’s such an essential part of your home, a well-maintained roof illustrates a great deal of stability. In a situation where you are selling, a home buyer would be thrilled about your home if it has a solid, steady roof protecting it.
Lastly, everyone is delighted with an energy efficient house. It means your energy bills are lower and that your house keeps a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also many other things to consider. The average roof for a residential property is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so on average, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the weather report in your area. Poor weather will make working conditions awful and this will extend the timeline. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to finish.
The complexity of your roof is an important thing that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement professional will be able to estimate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most budget friendly materials for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are durable and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any house.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They normally have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of having it be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential spaces and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. If your roof has aged this much, it’s a wise idea to get regular inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a protective barrier for your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors near Fraser, Colorado
If you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Fraser, Colorado, there's no better way to go about it. The roofing experts featured on Thumbtack have the qualifications you’re searching for. You can find the best roofing contractor who takes the effort to make sure that the best customer service is provided and that you get complete satisfaction on your roofing repairs.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is always required so that their property remains in good condition. It’s best to stay on top of repairs to avoid having to pay an expensive roof replacement.
Are you looking for roofing repair and roofing replacement services? With the exception of leakage or other glaring issues, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a smart choice.
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of a leaky roof. A professional roofing contractor can make repairs as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get repairs at once if you notice a sagging roof deck since it can lead to serious issues. Professional roofing repairs will resolve the problem and avoid replacement services.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a promising sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters while checking up on your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to protect joints and stop water. Contact a roofing maintenance contractor to fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to prevent leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or completely missing, this can be an indicator that your roof needs attention. Roofing maintenance services will identify deteriorated shingles and provide top-notch repairs to prevent leaks from doing further damage.
Hire a company that can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement an easy process. Once you’ve found the right candidate, it’s just a matter of requesting a estimate and booking an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.