Find a roofer in Erie, Colorado
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What is the normal period of time to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofing contractor will be based on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also many other factors to consider. The typical roof for a residential property is around 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into account is the weather forecast in Erie, CO. Poor weather will put a stop to work and this will extend the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to finish.
The style of your roof is an important factor that you should consider. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofer is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roofer will be able to estimate a timeline for the job.
What is a good time for scheduling a roof inspection?
Most roofing contractors advise getting biannual inspections for your roof, and the reason why is because routine inspections are the best things to make your roof last longer. Something to think about is, by not getting an inspection done, the warranty on your roof could be voided.
What is the normal price for roof replacement services from a roofer?
It’s difficult to narrow down how much a new roof is going to come out to since there are a few factors that will determine the overall cost. Generally, replacing your roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the job and the products being used. The price of your roof replacement will be calculated by the products you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be difficult if your roof is more intricate since you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing specialist can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to figure out the square footage of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the price of your roof.
What costs are associated with repairing a roof?
In the matter of the condition of your roof, you're either looking at major or minor repairs. A little bit of maintenance can fall anywhere between $150 to $1,500. Many homeowners like to do the minor stuff themselves, but if you’re unsure of how to do them or you’re worried about keeping safe, then you should contact an expert.
Any repairs that are major do require experience and they are going to cost more. You can expect major roofing repairs to range from $1,500 to $7,000.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors near Erie, CO
Thumbtack will make your search for roofing maintenance services easy in Erie, CO. Our user-friendly platform is easy to navigate, which means you can look through dozens of profiles and come up with some options. We assist in the vetting process by giving you access to ratings, pricing information, experience, and more. Start your search for a roofing maintenance company on the app and hire the right candidate for your project.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is needed so that their property stays in a favorable condition. It’s smart to stay on top of repairs to avoid having to pay an expensive roof replacement.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to reach out to a roofing replacement or roofing repair contractor, but here are some other aspects to take into account:
- Age: In general, 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts, so if you think your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to contact a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get repairs at once if you notice a sagging roof deck since it can lead to worse issues. Quality roofing repairs will resolve the issue and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a promising sign. A roofing repair company will clean your gutters while inspecting your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar you may want a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are ripped, curled, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs an inspection. A roof inspection will identify deteriorated shingles and provide timely repairs to avoid leaks from causing further damage.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you an easy option to hire the best professionals for roofing maintenance services. No matter if you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the process is made easier through our app.