Find a roofer in Erie, Colorado
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Roofing Repair & Replacement Professionals nearRoof Repair and Maintenance // Colorado // Erie
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
What is the typical duration to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofing contractor really depends on the measurements of your roof, but there are also many other things involved. The typical roof for a residential property is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so usually, a roofer can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you should take into consideration is the weather report in your area. Storms will put a damper on work and this is going to stall the project. If bad weather is expected to happen during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to finish.
The layout of your roof is another factor that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roofer can come up with a timeline for the project.
At what point should I think about getting an inspection for my roof?
Most roofers suggest biannual roof inspections since routine inspections have been proven to make your roof last longer. Another thing to think about is, by not getting an inspection done, any warranty you have could be waived.
What should I expect to pay a roofing contractor for a roof replacement job?
It’s challenging to know exactly how much a new roof is going to come out to because there are several things that will determine the total cost. Commonly, replacing your roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the products being used. The cost of your roof replacement will be calculated by the products you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be challenging if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing expert can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to determine the square footage of your roof and give you a better estimate on the cost of your roof.
What is the price range for fixing a roof?
Concerning the condition of your roof, your needs can be classified two ways: minor maintenance or major repair. A little bit of maintenance can cost about $150 to $1,500. A lot of homeowners like to do the minor stuff on their own, but if you’re unsure of what to do or you’re worried about keeping safe, then you should contact an expert.
Major repairs do require the attention of a professional and they do cost more. You can expect major roofing repairs to range from $1,500 to $7,000.
Roofing Maintenance Companies in Erie, CO
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement site that helps you connect with roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors in Erie, CO. See what experiences other customers have had, communicate directly with the roofing maintenance company you’re interested in, get a quote, and more all from one convenient app.
It's crucial to have a a structure over your head that you can depend on at any time during the year. For a safe house with a roof designed to last, you can hire the best roofing replacement and roofing repair companies through Thumbtack.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to call in a roofing maintenance contractor, but listed below are some other things to take into account:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years, so if you know your roof has been around for longer, you may want to contact a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a roofer immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can lead to serious issues. Professional roofing repairs will remediate the problem and avoid replacement services.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are designed to allow snow and rain to flow through the valleys and into your gutters. If there are shingles missing or they're falling apart, you may get some leakage.
- Broken flashing: Damaged flashing lets water penetrate the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing company to fix worn out, missing, or broken flashing to avoid leaks.
- Shingles: Inspecting your shingles can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't undergo more extensive damages.
No one should deal with a damaged roof when there are so many licensed roofers ready to assist. With our powerful platform, you can get quality roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Erie, CO. Find the right contractor for your house now.