Find a roofer in Erie, Colorado
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most cost-effective solution for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are strong and do a fantastic job of protecting your home while being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any residential property.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do require maintenance more often than the more pricier materials. They typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to get higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential homes and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. If your roof is around this age, it’s a wise idea to get routine inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this usually means you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a defensive barrier for the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
Even though you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most common time of year to get roof replacement services. But because it is a great time for a replacement, it can be difficult to schedule time with a contractor. This means that winter could be a better time to call a contractor.
Many roofing contractors are slow during the colder months, but you could be putting up with more severe weather conditions. And summer is similar to winter, but instead of wet and cold conditions, you’d be putting up with heat.
Spring can also be good for roof replacement services. Even though there's a chance it can still be wet and slightly unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be repaired.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a good roof is so important is because it protects your home, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the protective barrier for your entire house. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. This means if your roof is in bad condition, you could have some leaks in your home, and this can cause other issues.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your curb appeal. Since it’s such a fundamental part of your home, a roof in good condition illustrates a great deal of stability. In a situation where you are selling, a buyer would be much more excited about your home if it has a strong, durable roof protecting it.
Finally, having an energy efficient house makes anyone happy. It means your energy bills are lower and that your house maintains a consistent temperature.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services near Erie, CO
Thumbtack will simplify your search for roofing maintenance services in Erie, CO. Our streamlined platform gives you all the convenience you need, which means you can look through dozens of profiles and come up with some options. We assist in the hiring process by providing you access to in-depth customer reviews, pricing information, experience, and more. Start your search for a roofing maintenance company here on Thumbtack and hire the right candidate for your project.
Our platform also compiles useful data to help you prior to sifting through our network of qualified roofing companies.
Do you need roofing maintenance services? Apart from leakage or other glaring concerns, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a good choice.
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are a sign of a leaky roof. A good roofing contractor can fix the issue right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood used for decking can end up warping or are bending over time.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are designed to let snow and rain stream through the valleys downward to your gutters. If there are shingles missing or they're falling apart, you may get some leakage.
- Broken flashing: Damaged flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing company to fix deteriorating, missing, or faulty flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are cracked, curled, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs an inspection. Roofing maintenance services will identify worn-out shingles and provide first-rate repairs to prevent leaks from doing more damage.
It's unnecessary to deal with a dilapidated roof when there are so many qualified contractors available to assist. With our streamlined app, you can find the finest roofing maintenance services in Erie, CO. Find the perfect contractor for your property now.