Find a roofer in Englewood, Colorado
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most affordable solution for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are durable and do a fantastic job of protecting your home while being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any house.
However, asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They normally have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to get higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the possibility of having it be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential homes and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. If the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a good idea to get regular inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a protective barrier for your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
It's possible to get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most popular time of year to get roof replacement services. Since it is a popular time for these services, it can be difficult to schedule time with a professional. This means that winter could be a better time for an appointment.
A lot of professionals who specialize in roofing have more down time during the winter, but you could be putting up with more erratic weather conditions. And summer has the same issue as winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be putting up with hot temperatures.
Spring is also not a bad time for roof replacements. While the weather can still be wet and somewhat uncertain, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a stable roof is so fundamental for you is because it protects your home, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that provides security for the rest of your property. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. This means if your roof is in bad condition, your home could develop some leaks, which can cause other problems.
Your roof also contributes to your curb appeal. Because it’s such an important component of your home, a roof in good condition illustrates a reliable property. In a situation where you are selling, a buyer would be thrilled about your home if it has a strong, steady roof protecting it.
Finally, everyone is content with an energy efficient property. It means your utility bills are lower and that your home maintains a comfortable temperature.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Englewood, ColoradoHome // Colorado // Englewood
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies near Englewood, CO
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement site that helps you find roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors in Englewood, CO. See what other customers have to say, communicate directly with the roofing maintenance contractor want to hire, schedule a service appointment, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
Our app also compiles a wealth of information to help you before you start browsing through our network of vetted roofing companies.
Regularly, scheduled inspections can help you stay on top of any wear-and-tear before it degrades any further and allows you to prolong the life of your roof. How can you tell it's necessary to get a professional, roofing replacement and roofing repair contractor to come out to your home? You may notice certain signs of wear including:
- Leaking: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are indicative of a leaky roof. A professional roofing contractor can make repairs as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and requires to be attended to. An established roof repair contractor can remediate the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find excessive granules in your gutters from your shingles, it means that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing repair specialist will keep your gutters clean and functioning properly.
- Damaged flashing: Damaged flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Contact a roofing contractor to fix deteriorating, missing, or broken flashing to avoid leaks.
- Shingles: Routing inspections of your shingles can help you know if it's time for them to be replaced. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't sustain more extensive damages.
It's unnecessary to put up with a damaged roof when there are so many licensed roofers available to assist. With our powerful platform, you can find the best roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Englewood, CO. Find the right contractor for your property right away.