Find a roofer in Empire, Colorado
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
What is the normal duration for a roof rebuild?
The amount of time it takes for a roofing contractor to do a replacement will be based on the size of your roof, but there are also many other factors involved. The average residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofer can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the weather report in Empire, CO. Storms will put a stop to work and this can really delay the project. If a storm is expected to take place during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to get done.
The layout of your roof is another thing that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roofer will be able to estimate the hours for the project.
What is a good time for booking a roofing appointment?
The majority of roofing professionals recommend biannual inspections for your roof since regular check-ups have been proven to make your roof last longer. Something to consider is, by not getting a roofing inspection done, the warranty on your roof could be waived.
How much will a roofing contractor charge for a roof replacement?
It’s hard to narrow down how much a new roof is going to cost you because there are a few factors that will establish the overall cost. Generally, replacing your roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the project and the products being used. The price of your new roof will be calculated by the products you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Estimating the layout of your roof can also be difficult if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing specialist can be of assistance. They’ll be able to decipher the measurements of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
How much should I budget for roof repair expenses?
When it comes to the condition of your roof, your needs can be sorted two ways: major or minor repairs. Minor maintenance can cost about $150 to $1,500. A lot of homeowners like to handle minor stuff on their own, but if you’re unsure of how to do them or you’re concerned about keeping safe, then you should leave those minor fixes to the professionals.
Any repairs that are major call for experience and they do cost more. You can expect major roofing repairs to range from $1,500 to $7,000.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors in Empire, CO
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement platform that helps you connect with roofing repair and roofing replacement professionals in Empire, CO. See what experiences other customers have had, communicate directly with the roofing maintenance contractor want to hire, book an appointment, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
Our app also collects useful data to help you prior to browsing through our database of licensed roofing companies.
For the most part you'll know when you need to get in touch with a roofing repair or roofing replacement company, but here are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- Leaking: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are a sign of your roof leaking. A good roofing contractor can fix the issue as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get immediate repairs if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can cause serious issues. Roofing repairs done by a professional will remediate the problem and avoid a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find excessive granules in your gutters from your shingles, it could indicate that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing maintenance specialist will keep your gutters clean and cleared out.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is the material used to protect joints and stop water. A roofing contractor can fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid water leaks.
- Shingles: Inspecting your shingles will let you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't undergo more damages.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you a convenient option to find the right companies for roofing repair and roofing replacement services. Whether you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the job is made easier with our platform.