Find a roofer in Elizabeth, Colorado
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time that is needed to replace a roof really depends on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors to think about. The average residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into account is the projected weather in your area. Storms will make working conditions terrible and this is going to push out the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to get done.
The complexity of your roof is another factor that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement contractor will be able to approximate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The roofing material that's the most budget friendly is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are reliable and do a fantastic job of protecting your home while being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any home.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can always purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential spaces and these typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. If your roof has aged this much, it’s a smart idea to get consistent inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't ideal, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to know exactly how much a new roof is going to come out to since there are several factors that will establish the overall cost. Generally, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the products used. The price of your roof replacement will be calculated by the products you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Getting an estimate for the layout of your roof can also be challenging if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing professional can be of assistance. They’ll be able to figure out the measurements of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Elizabeth, ColoradoHome // Colorado // Elizabeth
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors in Elizabeth, Colorado
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement site that helps you hire roofing repair and roofing replacement contractors in Elizabeth, Colorado. See what other customers have to say, communicate directly with the roofing replacement contractor you’re interested in, schedule a service appointment, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
It's crucial to have a a structure over your head that you can count on at any time during the year. For a secure house with a roof designed to last, you can find the best roofing repair and roofing replacement companies through Thumbtack.
Routine inspections can help you keep up with any damage before it degrades any further and lets you extend the lifespan of your roof. So, how can you tell when you need a professional, roofing repair and roofing replacement contractor to come out to your home? You may notice certain signs of wear such as:
- The Age of Your Roof: Approximately 20-25 years is expected of a roof, so if you think your roof is older than that, it might be time to contact a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is an issue of concern and requires attention at once. A roofing repair contractor can fix the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find an accumulation of granules from your shingles in your gutters, it could indicate that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing maintenance specialist will keep your gutters clean and functioning properly.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Routing inspections of your shingles will let you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see that some of them are discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't undergo more extensive damages.
Hire someone who can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement a streamlined process. Once you’ve found the right fit, then it's just requesting a estimate and setting up an appointment to get your roof in order.