Find a roofer in Elbert, Colorado
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The roofing material that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are durable and serve the purpose of protecting your home while being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look good on any house.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to get higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential properties and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. If your roof is around this age, it’s a wise idea to get consistent inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't ideal, and this does mean you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire home, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
It's possible to get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most common time of year for a roof replacement. But because it is a great time for these services, it can be a challenge to book time with a contractor. This means that winter could be a better time for an appointment.
A lot of roofing companies are slow during the winter, but you could be putting up with more erratic weather conditions. And summer has the same issue as winter, but rather than being cold, you’d be putting up with heat.
Spring is also not a terrible time for roof replacement services. Even though the weather can still be wet and rather unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a stable roof is so essential is because it protects your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the protective barrier for the rest of your house. It defends against severe weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof is in bad condition, you could get leaks in your home, and this can lead to other problems.
Your roof also does a lot for your property value. Since it’s such a fundamental component of your home, a well-maintained roof demonstrates a reliable property. If you were to sell, a buyer would be enthusiastic about your home if it has a strong, stable roof over it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient house delights anyone. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your house maintains a comfortable temperature.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Elbert, ColoradoHome // Colorado // Elbert
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services in Elbert, CO
If you need roofing maintenance services in Elbert, CO, then our platform is the answer. The roofing professionals you'll discover on Thumbtack have the experience you’re looking for. You can find the right candidate who takes extra measures in making sure that the best customer service is provided and that you get complete satisfaction on your roofing repairs.
Our site also puts together useful data to help you before you start sifting through our network of qualified roofing companies.
For the most part you'll know when you need to call in a roofing replacement or roofing repair company, but here are some other aspects to take into account:
- Age: In general, 20-25 years is expected of a roof, so if you think your roof is older than that, you may want to call a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards used for decking can end up warping or are bending over time.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find excessive granules in your gutters from your shingles, it means that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing maintenance specialist will make sure your gutters are clean and functioning properly.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to protect joints and prevent water penetration. A roofing contractor can fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to avoid water leaks.
- Shingles: Routing inspections of your shingles can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If a patch of them are very discolored, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't undergo more damages.
Find a company that can make your roofing maintenance an easy process. When you’ve found the company you want, it’s just a matter of requesting a estimate and booking an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.