Find a roofer in Eckley, Colorado
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time it takes to replace a roof is dependent on the size of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors involved. The average residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into consideration is the weather report in your area. Poor weather will make working conditions terrible and this can really postpone the project. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to finish.
The complexity of your roof is another factor that you should consider. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement specialist can approximate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The roofing material that's the most budget friendly is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are reliable and serve the purpose of protecting your property while being the affordable option. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any house.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to get higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the probability of having it be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential houses and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. When the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a good choice to get regular inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire property, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to pinpoint exactly how much a new roof is going to cost you because there are several factors that will influence the total cost. Generally, replacing your roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the materials being used. The cost of your new roof will be calculated by the materials you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be tricky if your roof is more intricate because you’ll have to account for various angles. Here's how a roofing contractor can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to calculate the measurements of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
Roofing Maintenance Companies in Eckley, Colorado
You can look to Thumbtack to simplify your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Eckley, Colorado. Our user-friendly platform gives you all the convenience you need, which means you can search through dozens of profiles and come up with some options. We help with the vetting process by giving you access to ratings, pricing information, experience, and more. Begin your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement contractor here on Thumbtack and find the best professional for your project.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is needed so that their property stays in a favorable condition. It’s best to keep on top of repairs in order to prevent the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to call in a roofing repair or roofing replacement professional, but listed below are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- Age: In general, 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts. If you think your roof is older than that, it might be time to contact a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards used for decking can end up warping or are bending over time.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is designed to let snow and rain flow through the valleys and into your gutters. When there are shingles missing or they've deteriorated, you could experience some leaks.
- Broken flashing: Broken flashing lets water get to the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing contractor to fix deteriorating, missing, or broken flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, curled, or missing shingles will need to be replaced by an expert. Routine inspections will also help you address issues like this and prevent leaks.
It's unnecessary to deal with a run-down roof when there are so many licensed roofers available to help. With our user-friendly platform, you can find the finest roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Eckley, Colorado. Find the right contractor for your property now.