Find a roofer in Cripple Creek, Colorado
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a good roof is because it protects your home, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that provides protection for the rest of your house. It blocks out harsh weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, your home could develop some leaks, which can lead to other problems.
Your roof also does a lot for your curb appeal. Since it’s such a fundamental part of your home, a roof in good condition shows a great deal of stability. If you were to sell, a home buyer would be much more excited about your home if it has a strong, stable roof over it.
Lastly, everyone is content with an energy efficient house. It means your utility bills are lower and that your house maintains a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time it takes to replace a roof will be based on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things to consider. The average residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the weather report in your area. Poor weather will put a stop to work and this will push out the timeline. If bad weather is supposed to take place during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to finish.
The complexity of your roof is another factor that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement professional can come up with a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are strong and serve the purpose of protecting your home while being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any residential property.
However, asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They normally have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential homes and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If your roof has aged this much, it’s a good idea to get consistent inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this usually means you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services near Cripple Creek, CO
If you need to hire a roofing repair or roofing replacement contractor in Cripple Creek, CO, then our platform is your best resource. The roofing experts you'll discover on our site have the skills and qualifications you’re searching for. You can find someone who takes the effort to make sure that the finest customer service is put in place and that you get quality services on your roofing repairs.
Our platform also puts together a wealth of information to help you before you start browsing through our network of licensed roofing companies.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to reach out to a roofing repair or roofing replacement professional, but listed below are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years. If you know your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to contact a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood that make your roof can warp or bend over time.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find an accumulation of granules in your gutters from your shingles, it could indicate that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing repair specialist will make sure your gutters are clean and functioning properly.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs to be looked at. Roofing maintenance services will identify deteriorated shingles and provide quality repairs to prevent leaks from doing further damage.
It's unnecessary to put up with a damaged roof when there are so many qualified roofers ready to help. With our user-friendly app, you can get the finest roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Cripple Creek, CO. Find the right contractor for your house now.