Find a roofer in Colorado City, Colorado
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement really depends on the measurements of your roof, but there are also many other things to consider. The typical roof for a residence is around 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so normally, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into account is the weather forecast in Colorado City, Colorado. Poor weather will put a halt on work and this can really stall the project. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to finish.
The complexity of your roof is an important factor that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement professional will be able to estimate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In actuality, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are strong and serve the purpose of protecting your property in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any house.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier products. They typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to get higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential properties and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. When the roof on your property has aged this much, it’s a smart choice to get consistent inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this does mean you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to narrow down how much a roof replacement is going to come out to since there are several things that will determine the total cost. Generally, replacing your roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the job and the materials being used. The cost of your roof replacement will be factored by the materials you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Measuring the size of your roof can also be hard if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing specialist can be of assistance. They’ll be able to calculate the square footage of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the cost of your roof.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services in Colorado City, Colorado
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management platform that helps you connect with roofing replacement and roofing repair companies in Colorado City, Colorado. See what experiences other people have had, talk directly with the roofing maintenance contractor want to hire, get a quote, and more all from one convenient app.
It's important to have a roof you can count on for your house throughout any season. For a safe house with a roof made to last, you can find the best roofing replacement and roofing repair companies through Thumbtack.
Routine inspections can help you keep up with any damage before it gets worse and lets you prolong the lifespan of your roof. So, how do you know it's necessary to get roofing replacement and roofing repair services? You may realize there are certain signs of wear such as:
- Leaking: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are indicative of your roof leaking. A good roofer can make repairs as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards that make your roof can warp or bend over time.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules from your shingles in your gutters, it means that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing repair contractor will keep your gutters clean and cleared out.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and prevent water penetration. Contact a roofing repair contractor to fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to prevent water leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs an inspection. A roof inspection will identify deteriorated shingles and provide quality repairs to prevent leaks from causing more damage.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you a hassle-free solution to find the best companies for roofing replacement and roofing repair services. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the job is streamlined with our app.