Find a roofer in Clark, Colorado
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time it takes to replace a roof will be based on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things to consider. The typical roof for a house is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so on average, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you need to take into account is the weather report in Clark, CO. Storms will put a damper on work and this will extend the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to finish.
The complexity of your roof is an important thing that you should consider. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement specialist can come up with the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are reliable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your property needs while being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look good on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles do require maintenance more often than the more expensive products. They typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to buy higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be an option when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the possibility of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential homes and these typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a smart idea to get routine inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this usually means you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your property, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to narrow down how much a new roof is going to cost you because there are several things that will determine the total cost. Typically, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the materials being used. The price of your new roof will be factored by the materials you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Getting an estimate for the layout of your roof can also be challenging if your roof is more complex because you’ll have to factor in various angles. This is where a roofing contractor can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to figure out the measurements of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the price of your roof.
Roofing Maintenance Contractors in Clark, CO
When you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Clark, CO, then our platform is your best resource. The roofing experts featured on our site have the experience you’re looking for. You can find the best roofing contractor who takes the effort to make sure that the best customer service is implemented and that you get quality services on your roof replacement.
Our site also compiles useful data to help you before you start browsing through our network of qualified roofing contractors.
Regularly, scheduled inspections can help you stay on top of any wear-and-tear before it degrades any further and allows you to extend the lifespan of your roof. How do you know it's necessary to get professional, roofing replacement and roofing repair services? You may realize there are certain things to look out for, such as:
- Age: In general, 20-25 years is expected of a roof, so if you know your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to call a roofer to come inspect it.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a serious issue and requires immediate attention. A roofing repair contractor can fix the issue before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find excessive granules in your gutters from your shingles, it means that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing maintenance contractor will keep your gutters clean and functioning properly.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to protect joints and stop water. Contact a roofing repair contractor to fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to prevent leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected will let you know if replacing them is necessary. If a patch of them are very discolored, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't undergo more extensive damages.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you an easy option to hire the best contractors to address your roofing needs. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is made easier through our app.