Find a roofer in Canon City, Colorado
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
What's the timeframe for a roofer to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofing contractor will be based on the measurements of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors involved. The average roof for a residential property is around 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into account is the projected weather in your area. Storms will make working conditions less than ideal and this can really delay the job. If bad weather is supposed to take place during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to finish.
The layout of your roof is another factor that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofer is quoting you on the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roofer can approximate a timeline for the project.
At what moment should I think about having an inspection done for my roof?
Many roofers advise getting twice-yearly roof inspections, and the reason why is because routine check-ups have been proven to make your roof last longer. Another thing to think about is, by not having a roofing evaluation done, the warranty on your roof could be waived.
At what cost does a roofer charge for replacement?
It’s hard to pinpoint exactly how much a new roof is going to cost you because there are a few factors that will influence the total cost. Generally, a new roof is in the range of $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the project and the products used. The price of your new roof will be determined by the products you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Estimating the size of your roof can also be hard if your roof is more complex because you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing specialist can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to determine the square footage of your roof and give you a better estimate on the price of your roof.
What should I budget to fix my roof?
In relation to the condition of your roof, you're either looking at major or minor repairs. Minor maintenance can cost about $150 to $1,500. Many homeowners like to take care of minor stuff themselves, but if you’re unsure of how to do them or you’re worried about your safety, then you should reach out to a contractor.
Major repairs do require specialized knowledge and they do cost more. You can expect major roofing repairs to range from $1,500 to $7,000.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors in Canon City, CO
You can look to Thumbtack to simplify your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Canon City, CO. Our user-friendly app gives you all the convenience you need, which means you can look through dozens of profiles and come up with some options. We help with the vetting process by giving you useful information to detailed customer reviews, pricing information, years in business, and more. Begin your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair contractor on the app and hire the best professional for your project.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is needed to keep their property in good condition. It’s best to stay on top of repairs to avoid having to pay the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Routine appointments can help you keep up with any damage before it gets worse and lets you prolong the life of your roof. So, how do you know it's necessary to get roofing replacement and roofing repair services? You may notice certain things to look out for, such as:
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of a leaky roof. A professional roofer can fix the issue right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a serious issue and requires to be attended to. A roofing repair contractor can remediate the issue before a replacement is needed.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and disintegrating shingles are not a good sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters in addition to checking up on your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to protect joints and prevent water penetration. Contact a roofing repair contractor to fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid water leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs an inspection. Roofing maintenance services will identify damaged shingles and provide quality repairs to avoid leaks from doing further damage.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you an easy solution to hire the best professionals for roofing replacement and roofing repair services. No matter if you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is streamlined through our platform.