Find a roofer in Calhan, Colorado
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement really depends on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors to consider. The average residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into account is the projected weather in your area. Storms will make working conditions terrible and this can really delay the project. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to complete.
The layout of your roof is an important thing that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement contractor will be able to estimate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In actuality, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are durable and serve the purpose of protecting your home while being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any home.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They usually have a 15-20 year warranty. But you can also purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the probability of having it be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential properties and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. If your roof is around this age, it’s a good choice to get consistent inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire home, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to narrow down how much a new roof is going to cost you since there are several factors that will establish the total cost. Usually, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the project and the products being used. The cost of your roof replacement will be factored by the products you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Getting an estimate for the layout of your roof can also be challenging if your roof is more intricate since you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing expert can be of assistance. They’ll be able to calculate the square footage of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the cost of your roof.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies in Calhan, Colorado
Thumbtack is the perfect home management site that helps you connect with roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors in Calhan, Colorado. See what experiences other people have had, communicate directly with the roofing repair contractor you’re interested in, schedule an appointment, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
Our site also compiles useful data to help you before you start sifting through our network of qualified roofing professionals.
Routine checkups can help you keep up with any wear-and-tear before it gets worse and lets you extend the lifespan of your roof. How can you tell it's necessary to get roofing replacement and roofing repair services? You may notice certain signs of wear such as:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are indicative of your roof leaking. A professional roofing contractor can make repairs right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood used for decking can warp or bend under pressure.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find an accumulation of granules from your shingles in your gutters, it means that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing maintenance contractor will keep your gutters clean and cleared out.
- Broken flashing: Damaged flashing lets water penetrate the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or faulty flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are cracked, curled, or completely missing, it's a sign that your roof needs attention. Roofing maintenance services will identify damaged shingles and provide top-notch repairs to prevent leaks from doing more damage.
Hire a company that can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair an easy process. When you’ve found the contractor you want, it’s just a matter of requesting a estimate and scheduling an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.