Find a roofer in Breckenridge, Colorado
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What time of year is good for a roof job?
Despite what season it is, you can get in touch with a roofing professional for roofing services. However, fall is the most common time of year for any type of roofing service. But because it is a great time for these services, it can be difficult to book time with a professional. This is why waiting later in the year could be a better time to call a roofer.
Many roofers are slow during the colder months, but you could have more delays because of severe weather conditions. Summer is kind of like winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be dealing with high heat.
Spring is also not a terrible time for roofing services. Even though the weather can still be wet and somewhat unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be uncovered.
What is the normal rate per square foot that roofing contractors charge?
Services for your roof can be between $4 to $40 per square foot, and this will account for the labor and materials. Needless to say, how expensive it will be will change depending on what materials are being used for your roof repairs.
What's the approximate time required for constructing a new roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofing contractor really depends on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also many other things involved. The typical residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you should take into account is the weather forecast in your area. Bad weather will make working conditions unpleasant and this is going to stall the job. If this is going on during your replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to finish.
The style of your roof is another thing that you should think about. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofer is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roofing contractor will be able to come up with a timeline for the project.
What is the right occasion to request an inspection for my roof?
The majority of roofing contractors advise getting twice-yearly roof inspections since regular check-ups are the best things to make your roof last longer. Something to think about is, by not getting an evaluation done, the warranty on your roof could be waived.
Roofing Maintenance Contractors near Breckenridge, CO
Thumbtack is the perfect home management platform that helps you find roofing repair and roofing replacement professionals in Breckenridge, CO. See what others have to say, talk directly with the roofing replacement company want to hire, schedule a service appointment, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
Our app also compiles a wealth of information to help you before you start browsing through our database of vetted roofing professionals.
Regularly, scheduled inspections can help you keep up with any wear-and-tear before it degrades any further and allows you to extend the lifespan of your roof. How can you tell when you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services? You may notice certain things to look out for, including:
- The Age of Your Roof: Approximately 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts. If you know your roof has been around for longer, you may want to call a roofer to come inspect it.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get repairs at once if you notice a sagging roof deck since it can cause worse problems. Professional roofing repairs will remediate the problem and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find excessive granules in your gutters from your shingles, it could indicate that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing maintenance contractor will keep your gutters clean and functioning properly.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar you may want a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you notice there are shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs an inspection. Roofing maintenance services will identify damaged shingles and provide top-notch repairs to prevent leaks from doing further damage.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you a convenient way to find the best professionals for roofing repair and roofing replacement services. Whether you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the job is streamlined with our app.