Find a roofer in Boulder, Colorado
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Roofing Repair & Replacement Professionals nearRoof Repair and Maintenance // Colorado // Boulder
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
What is the normal duration for a roof replacement?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofer is dependent on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also many other things to think about. The average roof for a residential property is around 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so usually, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you need to take into account is the projected weather in your area. Storms will put a stop to work and this is going to extend the timeline. If bad weather is supposed to take place during your replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to finish.
The style of your roof is an important factor that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofer is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roofer will be able to approximate a timeline for the job.
At what point should I consider having an inspection done for my roof?
The majority of roofers recommend biannual roof inspections since routine inspections are the best things to increase the longevity of your roof. Another thing to think about is, by not having a roofing evaluation done, any warranty you have could be voided.
What is the normal price charged by roofers for a replacement job?
It’s difficult to pinpoint exactly how much a new roof is going to come out to since there are several things that will influence the total cost. Generally, replacing your roof is in the range of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the products being used. The cost of your new roof will be determined by the products you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Measuring the size of your roof can also be difficult if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to factor in various angles. Here's how a roofing specialist can be of assistance. They’ll be able to calculate the square footage of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
How much should I estimate for rooftop maintenance?
When it comes to the condition of your roof, you're either looking at major or minor repairs. A little bit of maintenance can cost about $150 to $1,500. Many homeowners like to handle minor stuff themselves, but if you’re unsure of what to do or you’re concerned about keeping safe, then you should reach out to a contractor.
Major repairs call for specialized knowledge and they are going to be more expensive. You can expect major roofing repairs to range from $1,500 to $7,000.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors in Boulder, Colorado
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement site that helps you find roofing replacement and roofing repair professionals in Boulder, Colorado. See what others have to say, communicate directly with the roofing maintenance company want to hire, get a quote, and more all from one convenient app.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is always required to keep their property in a favorable condition. It’s best to stay on top of repairs to avoid having to pay the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to get in touch with a roofing replacement or roofing repair company, but here are some other aspects to take into account:
- The Age of Your Roof: Approximately 20-25 years is expected of a roof, so if you know your roof has been around for longer, you may want to contact a roofer to come inspect it.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a critical issue and requires attention immediately. An established roof repair company can remediate the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is designed to allow snow and rain to flow through the valleys and into your gutters. When there are shingles missing or they've deteriorated, you could experience some leaks.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing lets water get to the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing company to fix deteriorating, missing, or damaged flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are cracked, curled, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs attention. Roofing maintenance services will identify worn-out shingles and provide first-rate repairs to prevent leaks from doing further damage.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you an easy option to find the right professionals to address your roofing needs. Whether you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is streamlined with our app.