Find a roofer in Austin, Colorado
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a quality roof is because it protects your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the defensive barrier for the rest of your house. It defends against harsh weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, your home could develop some leaks, which can cause other issues.
Your roof also contributes to your curb appeal. Since it’s such an essential part of your property, a well-maintained roof illustrates a great deal of stability. In the circumstance where you are selling, a buyer would be much more excited about your property if it has a solid, steady roof over it.
Finally, everyone is delighted with an energy efficient property. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your home maintains a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time it takes to replace a roof will be based on the measurements of your roof, but there are also many other factors to think about. The average roof for a residence is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so usually, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Poor weather will put a stop to work and this will push out the timeline. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to finish.
The layout of your roof is an important thing that you should consider. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement specialist will be able to estimate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are reliable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your property needs while being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look good on any house.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier options. They usually have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be an option when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential properties and these typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. If your roof has aged this much, it’s a wise choice to get regular inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this usually means you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your property, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Austin, ColoradoHome // Colorado // Austin
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Maintenance Companies in Austin, Colorado
You can look to Thumbtack to make your search for roofing maintenance services more convenient in Austin, Colorado. Our user-friendly site gives you all the convenience you need, which means you can search through dozens of profiles and come up with some options. We assist in the hiring process by providing you access to detailed customer reviews, pricing information, experience, and more. Begin your search for a roofing maintenance company here on Thumbtack and hire the right professional for the job.
Our site also compiles useful data to help you prior to sifting through our network of vetted roofing professionals.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to get in touch with a roofing maintenance company, but listed below are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of a leaky roof. A good roofer can make repairs right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is a serious issue and requires immediate attention. An established roof repair contractor can fix the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a promising sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters while checking up on your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or damaged flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected will let you know if it's time for them to be replaced. If a patch of them are very discolored, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't undergo more extensive damages.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you an easy way to hire the best professionals to address your roofing needs. Whether you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is streamlined through our platform.