Find a roofer in Aspen, Colorado
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What is the typical period of time for a roof rebuild?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofer will be based on the size of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors to consider. The average residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so usually, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the weather forecast in your area. Poor weather will make working conditions unpleasant and this will push out the timeline. If a storm is expected to take place during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to complete.
The style of your roof is another thing that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofer is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roofing professional can come up with a timeline for the job.
What is the appropriate time to request an inspection for my roof?
Many roofers advise getting twice-yearly roof inspections since routine inspections are the best things to increase the longevity of your roof. Another thing to think about is, by not having a roofing evaluation done, any warranty you have could be voided.
What should I anticipate to pay a roofer for a roof replacement job?
It’s hard to narrow down how much a replacement is going to cost you because there are several factors that will determine the overall cost. Generally, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the materials used. The price of your roof replacement will be calculated by the materials you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Getting an estimate for the layout of your roof can also be tricky if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing specialist can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to figure out the square footage of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
What should I budget to fix my roof?
Concerning the condition of your roof, your needs can be sorted into two categories: minor maintenance or major repair. Minor maintenance will range anywhere from $150 to $1,500. A lot of homeowners like to handle minor stuff on their own, but if you’re not certain of how to do them or you’re concerned about keeping safe, then you should leave those minor fixes to the professionals.
Any repairs that are major do require experience and they are going to cost more. You can anticipate your major repairs ranging between $1,500 to $7,000.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies near Aspen, Colorado
You can count on Thumbtack to make your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services more convenient in Aspen, Colorado. Our user-friendly site is easy to navigate, so you can look through dozens of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We help with the vetting process by providing you access to ratings, pricing information, experience, and more. Begin your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement contractor here on Thumbtack and hire the right professional for the job.
Our site also compiles useful data to help you before you start browsing through our database of vetted roofing professionals.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to reach out to a roofing repair or roofing replacement company, but listed below are some other things to consider about your roof:
- Age: Approximately 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts. If you know your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to contact a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a contractor immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck because it can lead to serious issues. Roofing repairs done by an expert will resolve the issue and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance company will clean your gutters while inspecting your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to protect joints and stop water penetration. Contact a roofing maintenance contractor to fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to prevent water leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, curled, or missing shingles should be swapped out with new ones by a roofer. Routine maintenance services will help you address issues like this and prevent leaks.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you a hassle-free solution to hire the best professionals to address your roofing needs. Whether you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is streamlined with our app.