Find a roofer in Arvada, Colorado
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the size of your roof, however, there are also many other things to consider. The average roof for a residence is about 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so on average, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you should take into account is the projected weather in your area. Bad weather will make working conditions awful and this is going to push out the timeline. If bad weather is supposed to take place during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to finish.
The style of your roof is an important thing that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement specialist can estimate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are strong and do a great job of protecting your property while being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look good on any home.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require some attention more often than the more expensive materials. They typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can always get higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential properties and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. When the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a wise idea to get routine inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't ideal, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to know exactly how much a roof replacement is going to come out to since there are several things that will establish the total cost. Commonly, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the job and the materials being used. The cost of your roof replacement will be factored by the materials you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Estimating the size of your roof can also be tricky if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to factor in various angles. Here's how a roofing expert can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to determine the square footage of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the cost of your roof.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services near Arvada, CO
Thumbtack will make your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services more convenient in Arvada, CO. Our user-friendly site is easy to navigate, which means you can search through a range of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We assist in the hiring process by providing you access to ratings, pricing information, experience, and more. Begin your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair company here on Thumbtack and hire the best professional for your project.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is needed so that their property remains in good condition. It’s best to stay on top of repairs in order to prevent the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Routine inspections can help you keep up with any damage before it gets worse and lets you extend the lifespan of your roof. How can you tell it's necessary to get roofing replacement and roofing repair services? You may realize there are certain signs of wear such as:
- Age: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years. If you think your roof is older than that, you may want to call a roofer to come inspect it.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a contractor immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can cause worse issues. Roofing repairs done by an expert will remediate the problem and prevent the need for replacement services.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and degrading shingles are not a promising sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters while examining your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Damaged flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or broken flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, curled, or missing shingles should be replaced by a professional. Regular inspections will also help you address issues like this and avoid leaks.
Thumbtack is a free app providing you with a hassle-free option to hire the best companies to address your roofing needs. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is streamlined with our app.