Find a roofer in Arriba, Colorado
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a quality roof is so important is because it protects your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that offers protection for your entire house. It blocks out severe weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, your home could develop some leaks, and this can cause other problems.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your curb appeal. Since it’s such an important part of your home, a roof in good condition demonstrates a great deal of stability. In a situation where you are selling, a buyer would be much more excited about your home if it has a strong, steady roof over it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient house delights anyone. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your house keeps a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time that is needed to replace a roof really depends on the size of your roof, however, there are also many other factors to think about. The average residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into account is the weather forecast in your area. Bad weather will put a stop to work and this will push out the timeline. If a storm is expected to take place during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to complete.
The layout of your roof is another thing that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement specialist can estimate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In fact, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are durable and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any house.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They normally have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can also purchase higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be an option when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the probability of it needing to be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal choice for residential spaces and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. When the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a good choice to get consistent inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
Roofing Maintenance Companies in Arriba, Colorado
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement platform that helps you hire roofing replacement and roofing repair companies in Arriba, Colorado. See what experiences other customers have had, communicate directly with the roofing replacement contractor want to hire, book an appointment, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
It's crucial to have a roof you can count on for your house at any time during the year. For a secure house with a roof designed to last, you can find the best roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors through Thumbtack.
Regularly, scheduled checkups can help you stay on top of any damage before it gets worse and lets you prolong the life of your roof. How do you know when you need a licensed, roofing replacement and roofing repair contractor to come out to your home? You may notice certain signs of wear including:
- Age: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years, so if you think your roof is older than that, it might be time to contact a roofer to come inspect it.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood that make your roof can end up warping or are bending under pressure.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is designed to let snow and rain flow through the valleys downward to your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they've deteriorated, you could experience some leaks.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, warped, or missing shingles will need to be replaced by a professional. Regular repair services will help you address problems like this and avoid leaks.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you a convenient way to find the right professionals for roofing replacement and roofing repair services. Whether you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the job is made easier with our platform.