Find a roofer in Anton, Colorado
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most budget friendly materials for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In fact, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are durable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your property needs in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any residential property.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They normally have a 15-20 year warranty. But you can also buy higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the probability of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential spaces and these typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. When the roof on your property has aged this much, it’s a smart choice to get regular inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this does mean you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
No matter what season it is, you can get a roof replacement. However, fall is the most common time of year for a roof replacement. Since it is a great time for a replacement, it can be a challenge to schedule time with a contractor. This means that waiting later in the year could be an easier time for an appointment.
Many professionals who specialize in roofing have more down time during the colder months, but you could have more delays because of severe weather. Summer is sort of like winter, but rather than wet and cold conditions, you’d be dealing with heat.
Spring is also not a terrible time for roof replacements. Even though the weather can still be wet and slightly uncertain, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be repaired.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a quality roof is so important is because it provides security for your property, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that offers security for your entire property. It blocks out harsh weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof is in bad condition, your home could develop some leaks, and this can cause other problems.
Your roof also does so much for your curb appeal. Since it’s such a fundamental component of your property, a roof in good condition demonstrates a reliable property. In the circumstance where you are selling, a home buyer would be much more excited about your property if it has a solid, steady roof over it.
Lastly, everyone is content with an energy efficient property. It means your energy bills are lower and that your house maintains a comfortable temperature.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors near Anton, CO
You can rely on Thumbtack to make your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services more convenient in Anton, CO. Our streamlined platform gives you all the convenience you need, which means you can search through dozens of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We assist in the vetting process by providing you access to ratings, pricing information, years in business, and more. Begin your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair company here on Thumbtack and hire the best professional for your project.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is always required so that their property stays in good condition. It’s best to keep on top of repairs in order to prevent an expensive roof replacement.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to reach out to a roofing maintenance contractor, but here are some other things to take into account:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of a leaky roof. A good roofer can fix the issue right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a contractor immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck since it can lead to worse problems. Roofing repairs done by a professional will remediate the issue and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are built to allow snow and rain to flow through the valleys downward to your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they're falling apart, you may get some leakage.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are cracked, curled, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs an inspection. Roofing maintenance services will identify deteriorated shingles and provide quality repairs to prevent leaks from causing more damage.
Find a company that can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair an easy and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the company you want, then it's just getting your estimate and setting up an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.