Find a roofer in Alma, Colorado
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a good roof is because it provides security for your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that provides protection for the rest of your home. It defends against harsh weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, your home could develop some leaks, and this can cause other problems.
Your roof also does a lot for your property value. Since it’s such a fundamental part of your property, a well-maintained roof illustrates a reliable property. In a situation where you are selling, a buyer would be enthusiastic about your property if it has a strong, steady roof over it.
Finally, having an energy efficient house delights anyone. It means your utility bills are lower and that your house keeps a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time that is needed to replace a roof is dependent on the measurements of your roof, but there are also many other things involved. The typical roof for a house is about 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so normally, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into consideration is the weather report in Alma, Colorado. Poor weather will make working conditions less than ideal and this is going to extend the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to get done.
The style of your roof is an important factor that you should consider. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement contractor will be able to approximate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most affordable materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are reliable and do a fantastic job of protecting your property while being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any home.
Asphalt shingles do require some attention more often than the more expensive products. They usually have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to purchase higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential spaces and these typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. When your roof is around this age, it’s a wise choice to get routine inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this does mean you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a protective barrier for the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
Roofing Maintenance Services in Alma, Colorado
Thumbtack is the perfect home management site that helps you find roofing repair and roofing replacement companies in Alma, Colorado. See what other customers have to say, communicate directly with the roofing maintenance contractor you’re interested in, get a quote, and pay all from one convenient app.
Our site also compiles a wealth of information to help you before you start browsing through our database of vetted roofing companies.
Regularly, scheduled inspections can help you stay on top of any damage before it gets worse and lets you extend the lifespan of your roof. So, how can you tell when you need a licensed, roofing repair and roofing replacement contractor to come out to your home? You may notice certain things to look out for, including:
- The Age of Your Roof: In general, 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts, so if you think your roof has been around for longer, you may want to call a roofer to come check it out.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood used for decking can warp or bend under pressure.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules from your shingles in your gutters, it could indicate that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing maintenance contractor will keep your gutters clean and cleared out.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs an inspection. Roofing maintenance services will identify damaged shingles and provide timely repairs to prevent leaks from causing further damage.
Find a company that can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement an easy process. Once you’ve found the right candidate, then it's just requesting a quote and booking an appointment to get your roof in order.