Find a roofer in Huntington Beach, California
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time that is needed to replace a roof really depends on the measurements of your roof, but there are also many other factors to consider. The typical residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you should take into account is the weather forecast in Huntington Beach, CA. Poor weather will put a damper on work and this is going to stall the project. If bad weather is expected to happen during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to finish.
The style of your roof is an important factor that you should think about. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement specialist can estimate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In actuality, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are durable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your property needs while being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look good on any home.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They normally have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a normal choice for residential homes and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. When the roof on your property has aged this much, it’s a smart choice to get consistent inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not ideal, and this does mean you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire property, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to come up with precise amount on how much a roof replacement is going to come out to since there are a few factors that will establish the total cost. Mostly, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the job and the materials being used. The cost of your roof replacement will be factored by the materials you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Estimating the layout of your roof can also be hard if your roof is more complex since you’ll have to account for various angles. Here's how a roofing contractor can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to figure out the measurements of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof.
Roofing Maintenance Services near Huntington Beach, CA
When you need roofing maintenance services in Huntington Beach, CA, then our platform is your best resource. The roofing contractors you'll discover on Thumbtack have the experience you’re looking for. You can find the right candidate who takes the effort to make sure that the best customer service is put in place and that you get quality services on your roof replacement.
It's important to have a a structure over your head that you can depend on at any time during the year. For a safe home with a roof designed to last, you can hire the best roofing maintenance companies through Thumbtack.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to get in touch with a roofing maintenance contractor, but listed below are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of your roof leaking. A good roofing contractor can make repairs right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is a serious problem and requires attention immediately. A roofing repair contractor can remediate the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and disintegrating shingles are not a promising sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters while examining your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar you may want a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs to be looked at. Roofing maintenance services will identify worn-out shingles and provide timely repairs to prevent leaks from causing further damage.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you a convenient solution to hire the best contractors to address your roofing needs. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is streamlined through our platform.